Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-02-18-pilots18_CV_N.htm

"Think of it as an apprenticeship to live through and get to the next level," says Darby of the low wages and long workweeks new pilots at smaller airlines often endure. Seniority at a larger airline ultimately means "you determine which days you work, what kind of plane you fly, when you work ... whether you go to Lubbock or London."

Last edited:
"Think of it as an apprenticeship to live through and get to the next level," says Darby of the low wages and long workweeks new pilots at smaller airlines often endure. Seniority at a larger airline ultimately means "you determine which days you work, what kind of plane you fly, when you work ... whether you go to Lubbock or London."

Oh my god, Kit Darby is General Lee!

Oh my god, Kit Darby is General Lee!

That is the first thing I thought to when I saw Lubbock written there.

......the passion of the students to fly ... is what has sustained the industry for a long time. But there comes a point where your passion and mathematics meet. And we are at that point......"

That quote from the Embry-Riddle professor was pretty good.

This guy is so screwed. Everyone knows that you don't talk to the media, and you don't EVER give your name. I hope he likes it at JB, because he's stuck there for ever! He's ruined any chance to move down to a legacy carrier!

You guys are FOS.

My job at the regionals has improved in every measure in the last ten years.

Now as far as the overall career prospect at the majors? Well yes, that is in the crapper.

But starting pay and QOL at the bottom has definitely improved at the regional level when compared to the loss of pay and QOL at the majors over the same period.

As far as blame; who cares. It is what it is.

You guys are FOS.

My job at the regionals has improved in every measure in the last ten years.

Now as far as the overall career prospect at the majors? Well yes, that is in the crapper.

But starting pay and QOL at the bottom has definitely improved at the regional level when compared to the loss of pay and QOL at the majors over the same period.

As far as blame; who cares. It is what it is.

As for who is FOS, I think is you.
I bet you're just one of those guys who is "just happy to have a flying job!". The bar is calling, they need your help to lower it.

Latest resources

Back