• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ad for Jet Aviation/VistaJet Global Express Pilot Jobs Based TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their European operation does 18/13. Probably have the lowest paid Global pilots on the planet, ?90k for PICs. Doesn't leave much after high European taxes and high COL.

Europeans are known to accept less than what their worth in this industry, in general.

Europeans are known to accept less than what their worth in this industry, in general.

Funny- we have a lot of them at Virgin America. In my first yr at Vx, I think I flew better part of two months with nothing but foreigners; Euro, Scandinavian, a few Jamaicans. Probably largely why we are still non-union..MGMT intentionally hires people who are content with sub-par wages and a quick upgrade. Generally speaking, not the greatest pilots, IMHO. In addition to aviating; they often taxi embarassingly slowly, are embarassing on the radio, kinda awkward in general and a bit afraid of the airplane. Often seem so caught up in minutia, they lose sight of big picture. There are exceptions, of course.

These are the types this operation will hire.

Their European operation does 18/13. Probably have the lowest paid Global pilots on the planet, ?90k for PICs. Doesn't leave much after high European taxes and high COL.

Taxes ? Guess where they moved their headquarters ......... Gibraltar. They didn't do it because they have a thing for monkeys either.

Be very cautious. Vista Jet is the HR equivalent of Ryan Air when it comes to their 'management' of pilots.

Taxes ? Guess where they moved their headquarters ......... Gibraltar. They didn't do it because they have a thing for monkeys either.

Be very cautious. Vista Jet is the HR equivalent of Ryan Air when it comes to their 'management' of pilots.
I'm not talking about corporate taxes, I'm talking about individual income tax as an employee. Depending on which European country you legally reside in you may or may not get away from having to pay taxes, if you're doing it the legal way.

Sure, by them now being in Gibraltar it may be easier for them to pay salaries off shore, I don't know. However, if your residency is in my home country, as an example, you can only spend 72 days there over the course of a year and still be tax exempt. In some countries that numbers is 182, but it's getting harder and harder to evade taxes as an individual in Europe.

And just so you know, I'm definitely not defending/approving VJ's tactics. I would love to be back in Europe, but with companies like them and Ryan on the airline side destroying the industry I'm not holding my breath.

....but with companies like them and Ryan on the airline side destroying the industry I'm not holding my breath.

And there we have the problem in a nutshell.

Not sure what can be done about it from our end. Pilots have no professional organization strong enough to oppose this sort of thing, not here or in Europe.

What we need is the equivalent of an AMA to insist that we be treated and compensated fairly, but there just never seems to be enough consensus to ever get there. Sad really.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back