Actors that fly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
House_X said:
Yeah, Worf always kicks a$$. Flying for a regional you might as well be in the Klingon Empire with all the contract disputes, backstabbing, undercutting, and overall paranioa. Can't wait to show up for a 4-day and see a bunch of Bird of Preys on the flight line painted in ACA colors.
Maybe you'd better not start your crew briefing with:

"Today's a good day to die."

Flying Metal

Bruce Dickenson lead singer for Iron Maiden and his own awesome Solo career holds a commercial
There wasa long thread on here a while back with some skeptics of having a Rocker as a pilot.

So does Hefner fly in his cute little bathrobe? I didnt think he ever left his mansion - but its probably big enough to fly a plane in there. I think I'd rather have a heavy metal rocker flying my plane than a rich joker who has one article of clothing.

Not an actor but i suppose semi famous person......Whilst training out of Cherokee county airport (47A) about 40 miles north of Atlanta i would occasionally fly over the private runway of Race car driver Bill Elliott near Dawsonville GA

"Yeah I wondered about that. What was that "5 4 3 2 1" stuff all about? Is that a military thing? Does anybody else do that?"

I think he was saying that over the interplane frequency to the Lear that was doing the airborne video. When you fly formation and you throw out high drag devices (like gear) you want the other guy to do the same thing at the same time. Personally, I have just used "gear / boards - now". He was probably just trying to keep the Lear in good fingertip :D

PUKE

I saw Tom Cruise groundloop his pitts. One of my friends helped him pull it put of the dirt. Emillio Estevez was riding along with him when it happened.

Are there any female celebs who fly? And I don't mean Patty Wagstaff, et al...

Tom Cruise has dyslexia, and was unable to learn to fly when he first started taking lessons, during the making of Top Gun. Later, around 1990, he got into that Scientology stuff, and overcame his dyslexia (that prevented him from reading the FAR/AIM among other things) and eventually learned to fly. There was story on him in People magazine, calling his mom after his first solo, everyone crying, hugging, etc. Touching... Maverick,... touching. :)

Hue Hefner owns his 747. I heard him and Bill Gates were the only two to own a 747 privately. Imagine the parties that must take place on that plane? Hefs I mean, not Gates.

I understand John Denver used to be a pilot at one time:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back