• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Acquisition or Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given the way this deal was put together, its entirely possible that this scenario exists: 1. SWA operates AAI as a subsidiary.
2. SWA begins dumping 717s.
3. As the 717s go, AAI is forced to furlough pilots
4. AAI 737 positions on the Boeing line are transferred to SWA.
5. SWA changes those -700 options to -800s.
6. As those airplanes roll off the line, they are assigned to SWA.
7. AAI furloughees are brought back on the bottom of the SWA list.

The longer it takes to get an SLI agreement, the greater the chance that AAI pilots are furloughed.

Personally, I don't think SWA has any intention of operating the 717s one day longer than they have to.

Not going to happen, too much money to be made combining the companies. While I hope that I will get a seniority bump by this combination of companies I fully expect that I will be at the same relative position on the ISL when the dust settles. Monday 02MAY will be a great day for SWA/AAI. It is a crazy industry with crazy laws and my aviation career has not turned out like I wanted it to, but that is not the fault of the AAI pilots.

The 717's are leased, and there would be big penalties to getting rid of them. Given that they are being operated profitably now, why would you get rid of them and replace the revenue with losses from breaking the leases? Doesn't make any sense.

Those leases, btw, are not financed by Boeing, but by US and foreign banks.

Not going to happen, too much money to be made combining the companies. While I hope that I will get a seniority bump by this combination of companies I fully expect that I will be at the same relative position on the ISL when the dust settles. Monday 02MAY will be a great day for SWA/AAI. It is a crazy industry with crazy laws and my aviation career has not turned out like I wanted it to, but that is not the fault of the AAI pilots.

Madjack-

Are you coming down with something? Not more than 20 minutes ago in another thread your were insinuating with Gup that you know some secret plan (like AirTran will be ____, well you know) that would move you up in senority enough that you will not be flying for any Citrus Caps and now you are on this thread saying you have come to peace with the reality that you might just one day have to throw gear for an ex. AirTran guy. What is your goal here?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back