• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACMI's disappearing..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps you might consider changing your name to Paininass...Apparently you consider yourself to be a member of the more elite among us. Why does someone with such a high opinion of himself bother to read what the scumbags are doing in this world? Also you might remember that Capitol and ATI didn't crash this latest party. We were thrown in the door by some of the Elitist management who must see some worth in these companies. If you want to put down anyone, you might concentrate on the management of these companies...Just a lowly cockroaches opinion.

By the grace of God go I, is what I say. Was at ATI and thought the company had great potential. The crews were great and the maint. was better than some try to make out on these boards, at least when I was there. Was furloughed in the big purge of 2000 and ended up at World and am thankful to be here but I have no illusions that we are not all potential victims of greedy management. We as crew members are as a group goal oriented and this plays right into the hands of company Mgmt. as most of us try very hard to get the job done and keep the airline afloat only to see the profits raked off into the execs pockets. We can be our own worst enemies and Mgmt's best suckers.

Its not wise to throw stones when you live in the glass house of aviation. Its funny how you are a scumbag operator right up until the guy is furloughed from a legacy carrier and needs the job. World hired many of these guys in the last few years and some have been a giant pain in the a**. All they want to do is say how much better they had it @ so and so and trash talk the place that kept them out of bankrupt court. In all that we did pick up some good guys but many have gone back to thier "resigned seniority number" and World like the others will muddle through. The ACMI's are kinda like the fat chick sitting in the corner of the bar. She looks better and better as the night wears on.

For those of us that found happiness at an ACMI be happy that we have, and be glad we do not work with some of the arrogant pricks that left and went back to thier legacy carrier job.

Just my humble opinion.....

By the grace of God go I, is what I say. Was at ATI and thought the company had great potential. The crews were great and the maint. was better than some try to make out on these boards, at least when I was there. Was furloughed in the big purge of 2000 and ended up at World and am thankful to be here but I have no illusions that we are not all potential victims of greedy management. We as crew members are as a group goal oriented and this plays right into the hands of company Mgmt. as most of us try very hard to get the job done and keep the airline afloat only to see the profits raked off into the execs pockets. We can be our own worst enemies and Mgmt's best suckers.

Its not wise to throw stones when you live in the glass house of aviation. Its funny how you are a scumbag operator right up until the guy is furloughed from a legacy carrier and needs the job. World hired many of these guys in the last few years and some have been a giant pain in the a**. All they want to do is say how much better they had it @ so and so and trash talk the place that kept them out of bankrupt court. In all that we did pick up some good guys but many have gone back to thier "resigned seniority number" and World like the others will muddle through. The ACMI's are kinda like the fat chick sitting in the corner of the bar. She looks better and better as the night wears on.

For those of us that found happiness at an ACMI be happy that we have, and be glad we do not work with some of the arrogant pricks that left and went back to thier legacy carrier job.

Just my humble opinion.....

I was a legacy guy that was furloughed and went to World. It was the best job I've ever had....and I've had quite a few! I went back to the the legacy and it sucks...no comparison. The World pilots and F/As were great. (less the 5% of course)

The ONLY problem was the 2 week trip. With a family it was tough. But had I been single, or grown kids, I would have stayed....probably until 65 but my liver may not have held out.

I would recommend that job to anybody.

Mr. B without a doubt we lost some very good guys back to thier legacy carrier. Some of the reasons like family and schedule cannot be dismissed lightly. I am glad to hear you had a good time while on the Global Beer Tour and sorry it did not work out to stay. I will buy the first round and we can tell stories of getting thrown out of some of the best bars in the world if ever we cross paths.

Perhaps you might consider changing your name to Paininass...Apparently you consider yourself to be a member of the more elite among us. Why does someone with such a high opinion of himself bother to read what the scumbags are doing in this world? Also you might remember that Capitol and ATI didn't crash this latest party. We were thrown in the door by some of the Elitist management who must see some worth in these companies. If you want to put down anyone, you might concentrate on the management of these companies...Just a lowly cockroaches opinion.

It isn't the crews that put the "scum" in "scumbag" operators.

It's the managements that have little to no regard for maintenance, safety, crew pushing, compensation, on-time pay, or leadership that are the SCUM. And, I know, because I worked for one of these pirates for a couple of years before I got fed-up with the bad maintenance, crew pushing, and not getting paid on time.

You'll find that the Captains for these outfits are generally pretty darn good. They have to be. They get little or no help from the idiots that run maintenance, flight following, scheduling, or even the chief pilot. The entire load is on their shoulders to safety move the cargo. There are a some, however, that have got no cajones and take bad airplanes and allow themselves and their crews to be pushed into very long and unsafe duty days.

That said, there is a small, but disproportionate share of drunks and just plain losers in their crew rosters.

KHA was not ACMI. They had their own hub, freight.
Unfortunatelly ACMI is doing well. Look at Atlas, Southern, Gemini, Kalitta etc. Emery, Airborne Express, KHA, now DHL, mainly Fedex and UPS competitors have not been doing very well. XNA was a good company, CAT and Focus scambags.

HMM

Where is XNA today. Oh yeah, out of business. Great company.

Countbat must be an expert in this area! I am not here to defend Focus but again like it was posted earlier the scum like in a pond is at the top. Focus has some very good aviators most had no previous 747 experience and they did an outstanding and professional job and were the glue that held things together. In no way could Focus EVER be classed with CAT, as they had one of the highest payscales in ACMI, the only higher in this class was Atlas, Polar and Cargo 360. Never a problem with pay being on time, aircraft were descent for their age. Whom else in the industry paid half the monthly guarantee plus perdiem, and free hotel in ground school? Focus' demise soley rest in the hands of management or lack there of. Sorry to rant but some of these guys on here just kill me with all of their nonfactual BS. If scumbag equals bad management, then yes but if scumbag means being called in the middle of the night with no notice to fly and threatened with your job, pay check not on time, mobile bases at company convenience, showing at hotel and credit card rejected, forced to push broke dick airplanes or your fired THEN HELL NO!!! Focus was far from that.

Last edited:
Hi!

USA Jet pays all the monthly guarantee, hotel for two weeks, no perdiem, ID and CASS starting Day One.

cliff
YIP

.... if scumbag means being called in the middle of the night with no notice to fly and threatened with your job, pay check not on time....quote]

Nope, that's corporate. :D

Latest resources

Back