• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACMI's disappearing..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Countbat must be an expert in this area! I am not here to defend Focus but again like it was posted earlier the scum like in a pond is at the top. Focus has some very good aviators most had no previous 747 experience and they did an outstanding and professional job and were the glue that held things together. In no way could Focus EVER be classed with CAT, as they had one of the highest payscales in ACMI, the only higher in this class was Atlas, Polar and Cargo 360. Never a problem with pay being on time, aircraft were descent for their age. Whom else in the industry paid half the monthly guarantee plus perdiem, and free hotel in ground school? Focus' demise soley rest in the hands of management or lack there of. Sorry to rant but some of these guys on here just kill me with all of their nonfactual BS. If scumbag equals bad management, then yes but if scumbag means being called in the middle of the night with no notice to fly and threatened with your job, pay check not on time, mobile bases at company convenience, showing at hotel and credit card rejected, forced to push broke dick airplanes or your fired THEN HELL NO!!! Focus was far from that.

I don’t claim to be an expert. I claim to be a retired avator…..no……avitar……maybe avitor……da$n it……. pilot. Looking to Focus’s history for the last 3 years, I have seen many a lot of unhappiness from many disappointed pilots. I know a good pilot who got a job offer from you guys about 2 years ago. He was given a class date, and 1 week before the class called and everything cancelled. And I bet many others like him. For the last 8 months you guys have advertised everywhere for pilots. I have a feeling all these pilots with no jobs now had to quit their previous jobs. That’s a screw. You blame everything on management. If you read all the previous posts about your company you see about 2 years with unhappy people saying don’t go there, and a lately (the last 8 months or so) of come and work for us attitude in which you have a great deal of inputs. That make me think you might be some sort of management over there, maybe at a CP level or Assistant CP or in recruiting department. That’s management to me. Plus in many posts you describe how great of management Focus has had lately. If you management, that’s another lie from your part. I could be wrong and I apologize in advance if it is not so. Regarding Focus pay I think that is an approx 6 month old deal only.

XNA statement was based on former employees experience.

I don’t claim to be an expert. I claim to be a retired avator…..no……avitar……maybe avitor……da$n it……. pilot. Looking to Focus’s history for the last 3 years, I have seen many a lot of unhappiness from many disappointed pilots. I know a good pilot who got a job offer from you guys about 2 years ago. He was given a class date, and 1 week before the class called and everything cancelled. And I bet many others like him. For the last 8 months you guys have advertised everywhere for pilots. I have a feeling all these pilots with no jobs now had to quit their previous jobs. That’s a screw. You blame everything on management. If you read all the previous posts about your company you see about 2 years with unhappy people saying don’t go there, and a lately (the last 8 months or so) of come and work for us attitude in which you have a great deal of inputs. That make me think you might be some sort of management over there, maybe at a CP level or Assistant CP or in recruiting department. That’s management to me. Plus in many posts you describe how great of management Focus has had lately. If you management, that’s another lie from your part. I could be wrong and I apologize in advance if it is not so. Regarding Focus pay I think that is an approx 6 month old deal only.

XNA statement was based on former employees experience.

Countbat, I am an ex-disgruntled Focus Pilot who really got screwed by that company. And I have to tell you, I think Hocus Focus has not said anything untruthful, I think he was trying to keep Focus out of a negative spotlight because comparing to some other ACMI outfits, Focus truly tried to do things right. They were all about building an airline and they always paid ontime. Now like he says, management truly is to blame for the demise of that company. Not the crews. Most of the guys I flew with there were on par if not better than the crews i flew with at my other 4 jobs I've had in 22 years in this industry.

I think all he is asking for is that if your going to call Focus a scumbag outfit, that you leave the Focus crews out of that category.

Sorry for any missunderstandings. I have never considered the pilots (any crewmember for that matter) scumbags (except the SOB scabs). I blame the companies for any wrong doings ( I am a former Eastern). Regarding pilots I devide them according to the companies where they work, in more fortunate and less fortunate. I appologize to Hocus Focus if I was mistaken although I still believe he is management and once someone turns management...........

Sorry for any missunderstandings. I have never considered the pilots (any crewmember for that matter) scumbags (except the SOB scabs). I blame the companies for any wrong doings ( I am a former Eastern). Regarding pilots I devide them according to the companies where they work, in more fortunate and less fortunate. I appologize to Hocus Focus if I was mistaken although I still believe he is management and once someone turns management...........

No apology required! I can see how you might think what you were thinking. But it's my guess that Hocus was just trying to watch what he said because of the ever prying eyes of management. Now that it's over, he is really letting go on the keypad.

Latest resources

Back