Total Time
Enough
Sure beats the crap out of "Windrider"

:laugh:

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Whew... well I think it rather ghey myself.

What the crap is an Acey anyway?

Granted "Compass Rose" ain't a gem either... thank god only about 3 controllers in the entire US call us that.

av8rbama

no shirt no shoes no dice
Total Time
Wasn't Acey the original callsign? Then Candler when some military squadron claimed they'd been using Acey for a long time. When they gave it up, Acey came back.

I think something appropriate for the Atlantic Southeast region would be better suited than Acey. How about Possum, Roadkill, Cow-Tipper.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
...careful. This thread could get out of control asking for new call-signs. "Sister Kisser"

BOX OFFICE

Total Time
time
I always thought that call sign came from Atlantic South East. ASE. Pronounced Acey. Get it?

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
I always thought that call sign came from Atlantic South East. ASE. Pronounced Acey. Get it?

Ah...right you are. I beleive "ASE" used to be the ATC strip code. Then that stupid guard unit thing twent down about 8 years ago. Then They were cut with all those base cuts less than a year afterwards.

Candler was so stupid.

THEN...when we went back to "acey"...the ATC strip code was changed to "ACY"....but then confusion with the Atlantic City indentifier had it changed to A...uh, damn, I forgot...but it has a "Q" in it I think. I've been gone from ASA for a while......

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
I think it's ASQ now... But if it were returned to ASE wouldn't that get things confused with Aspen, CO?

tomgoodman

Total Time
Origin of the Candler callsign

Asa Griggs Candler (December 30, 1851 – March 12, 1929) was an American business tycoon who made most of his money selling Coca-Cola. He also served as mayor of Atlanta, Georgia from 1916 to 1919. Candler Field, the site of the present-day Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, was named after him. (Wikipedia)

I suppose that his first name, ASA, was too good a coincidence to pass up.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Yes, it was the old call sign. There was a reserve unit in NM that used it too. We had a few conflicts with in in AMA and LBB. ASA went to Candler as a quick fix.
When this until was disbanded, they changed it back. Problem was that ASE as a ICAO designator was in use in Africa I believe. We chose ASQ and use the current/ old call sign.

It is better than the old one.

EV120

Are we there yet?
Total Time
9900+
I liked the idea of Kudzoo. The imported roadside weed that takes over everything, and is impossible to kill.