• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACE Air, Anchorage, AK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard good things about them... a sled driver went over not too many months ago with no complaints. 'bout time for a courtesy call anyway, I'll ask him how he's doin.

How has your search been? Last I read from you, someone was telling you about LAB and Grant. Both have their challenges, but Grant was just hiring last month. Have you got your hours up, yet? Most guys build the 135 mins in ANC, instructing. It's a good way to pad the resume with AK time, as well. Hagelands just hired a few last month, too... and I think they may even have a few 172's still on the certificate. Grant dropped theirs last year. Course, there's always Craig Air or Yute... but they tend to write headlines containing the word 'crash'.

Good luck!

No offence but I think you have me confused with some one else. I use to fly for LAB back in the day and have my fair share of 135 and Alaska Time. A friend told me about a add he saw in the Anchorage daily news. ACE is or was looking for pilots and I was just pondering the idea. I still would like to get a couple of turbine hours on the resume..... What kind of good things are you hearing?

No offence but I think you have me confused with some one else. I use to fly for LAB back in the day and have my fair share of 135 and Alaska Time. A friend told me about a add he saw in the Anchorage daily news. ACE is or was looking for pilots and I was just pondering the idea. I still would like to get a couple of turbine hours on the resume..... What kind of good things are you hearing?

I had a few phone calls from some alsaka 135 ops No way am I going to blow $1,200 of an airline ticket to get told to go home old have them now pay a decent wage! I told them fly me up there if you like me keep me if not make sure the ticket is round trip! Otherwize I will keep ferrying airplanes! When someone will pay me what I make on my own ferrying airplanes then I will look at the alaska co's!

ehhhh?

My buddy works for them and seems to kinda like it. Pay is good, but its an alaska part 135 if you know what that means then good otherwise be careful. They seem to fly a ton, hes an FO and flies 160 every month until he times out

Thanks shortbus. Two days ago I got to speak with a guy that's going up there and he pretty much told me what you said. According to him they pay $20/ flight hr. and have full benefits. It sounds like a standard 135 opp.

Few if any 135 operators are going to pay your way to and from a job and if they are in a remote location, the only reason they will send you home is if they think you can't fly. Unless a company requires special skills or experience that not everybody has, getting there and back is part of the dues one has to pay.

If you show, you almost have the job in hand. "99%" hired. You do not know what fun "work" it could be.

If you show, you almost have the job in hand. "99%" hired. You do not know what fun "work" it could be.

Yea, could be fun but when I can hold my own on my own why take a pay cut working for someplace!

Because in a few years you will have a kid and a wife. Won't be able to take the pay cut to experience the best flying in the World. Nothing personal. I don[t know anything about ACE. Except they would come in twice a day. Full of beer.

Latest resources

Back