Accident Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Falcon Jet 1

Is anyone aware if you are unfortunately involved in an accident, is the whiz quiz or breathalyzer given after an accident the same that we receive normally on the random basis? Or do they make you give blood? I was reading a few accident reports and noticed the toxicology reports included items that I didnt think we were normally tested for, but I assume in the incidents I was reading about, that the fatalities of the pilots warranted the depth of the test.

Yeah...real hard to get breathalizers from corpses.

I think the type of test is up to the operator as long as the operator gets it done.

In the military....

Is anyone aware if you are unfortunately involved in an accident, is the whiz quiz or breathalyzer given after an accident the same that we receive normally on the random basis? Or do they make you give blood? I was reading a few accident reports and noticed the toxicology reports included items that I didnt think we were normally tested for, but I assume in the incidents I was reading about, that the fatalities of the pilots warranted the depth of the test.

In the military you give blood..... but then again we also have an 18 hour crew day. We need a better union!

Obtaining toxicology reports from the Coroner's Office is SOP for the NTSB.

Latest resources

Back