Accident Question?

Falcon Jet 1

Total Time
kkk
Is anyone aware if you are unfortunately involved in an accident, is the whiz quiz or breathalyzer given after an accident the same that we receive normally on the random basis? Or do they make you give blood? I was reading a few accident reports and noticed the toxicology reports included items that I didnt think we were normally tested for, but I assume in the incidents I was reading about, that the fatalities of the pilots warranted the depth of the test.

Andy Neill

Total Time
Yeah...real hard to get breathalizers from corpses.

I think the type of test is up to the operator as long as the operator gets it done.

Full of LUV

Total Time
In the military....

Is anyone aware if you are unfortunately involved in an accident, is the whiz quiz or breathalyzer given after an accident the same that we receive normally on the random basis? Or do they make you give blood? I was reading a few accident reports and noticed the toxicology reports included items that I didnt think we were normally tested for, but I assume in the incidents I was reading about, that the fatalities of the pilots warranted the depth of the test.
In the military you give blood..... but then again we also have an 18 hour crew day. We need a better union!

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Obtaining toxicology reports from the Coroner's Office is SOP for the NTSB.

Falcon Jet 1

Total Time
kkk
I should have been clearer in my question, How about accidents with no fatalities?