• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Accident at Rickenbacker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the Starchecker was Mike Bratek, a lear capt. a great guy and a friend to all.

I definitely recognize the name but unfortunately can't put a face to it. I'm sure I'd recognize him if I saw him. Here I am, a year and 3 months removed from the company and barely knew the guy but it still stings.

All you freight dawgs, please be careful out there this winter!

I'll raise a beer to Mike and to James, blue skies and tailwinds.

I looked out my window yesterday morning and my first thought was "I'm glad I'm not flying today." The roads were slick and visibility was crap.

I know a lot of guys over at AirNet. My thoughts go out to the pilots, their families, and everyone who knew them.

cleared unrestricted climb for two sleepless knights.

i came out of dayton yesterday and it was a mess. snowing, freezing fog, poor vis. be safe out there guys.

I know that Airnet is working on a fund for mike but I don’t know when it will be set up. Again my thoughts are with the families and friends of both pilots.

Wrong thread probably, but I hope you were kidding.

How much ice could anyone get a mile from the airport?

My thoughts go out to those who are grieving this.

I hope you're kidding!!

How many airplanes have gone down in active snowfall. Some airplanes are more saceptable to wing contamination then others, ie. the Van.
Maybe I'm not getting the whole story. I assumed that it was snowing based on the photo's.

I hope you're kidding!!

How many airplanes have gone down in active snowfall. Some airplanes are more saceptable to wing contamination then others, ie. the Van.
Maybe I'm not getting the whole story. I assumed that it was snowing based on the photo's.

No one knows what happened here, and I am not guessing. Could be anything.

That being said, there is a big difference in catching ice enroute and a contaminated a/c before take off. A very large portion of the 208 departure accidents have happened due to a contaminated or overloaded, or both a/c. Any aircraft that is contaminated before take off is at risk, not just the 208.

To lump this in a "208 and icing" scenario is not fair. To lump this any scenario is not fair.

Latest resources

Back