• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Accellerate the pilot shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is right! Hold off applying for at least a 6 months. You will end up getting huge bonuses, better contracts, and better pay.

Black Hawk, there will be three stacks at UAL, one for college degrees, one W/O college degrees and a third W/O college degrees with 2000 hr TJ PIC and previous 121 Check Airman Status. They will draw from pile # 3 before they go to the bottom of pile #1.

Sure, they'll have those three stacks and probably a couple others stacks for a variety of other personal criteria that has nothing to do with flying an airplane.

seems to me that the best way to change things at a company or industry is while you work in it. i think all you're doing now is losing a good seniority number.

That is the problem with this industry, it is all about "ME"! Until all stand together there will be little change.

Take an occurance for a fatigue call, etc. Do what is right!!!!!!

Regionals will ALWAYS suck. But where else can you fly a jet for IHOP server wages and be gone from your home 65% of the time. What a fvxked up job.

Hi!

One idea is to go somewhere like TSA/Pinnacle, or the turboprop operators, then you can go to a better regional like Air WI or Horizon after 6 months, or you can go to Chautauqua/Republic and get a signing bonus WITHOUT a 4 year contract like Mesa has.

cliff
DRT

Why wait to apply? I only instructed because I HAD TO. I only flew freight because I HAD TO. If I had the opportunity to get on at any regional with 250 hours I'd have taken it. Don't kid yourselves, instructing sucks. So does flying freight. JMHO so feel free to follow your heart :nuts:

The problem is, you, and I, and hundreds of other Flight Info readers can protest this and hold our resumes, but there is always another pilot out there who has less time and less experience who is going to be willing to put their resume in and take that $18,000 job. I like the idea, but like I said, there is always going to be someone that is willing.....

Latest resources

Back