Accelerated Flight Crew Crash in AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Minimum wage

$5/hour isn't even minimum wage. See, e.g., http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/q-a.htm

I've been reading this discussion with interest. Of course, I am so sorry for the folks that died in the accident. Just am wondering if there is a website to this place.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Last edited:
I love the email address given on the web site. AFCT's electronic business communications is based on free web mail, (hotmail). That is classic. That is pretty low budget.

Unfortunately, Flight instructors are schedule sensitive employees and are exempt from FLSA.

These instructors have spent their hard earned money and time developing and honing a very special set of skills that they then turn around and sell for less than a Taco folder at Taco Bell. They justify this because the time they build is virtually 100% multi-engine. They don't seem to mind cheapening the profession to get ahead. This is the basis of my admittedly rude "Pilot-whore training bordello" comment earlier in this thead. I find this tremendously unprofessional behavior.

The page is loading just fine.

Oh ok. It's working fine now. It wasn't earlier. Probably once the URL was posted it crashed from so many people going to see it!

Watch the reaction on this one....

Ask Stu (owner of accelerated) which side of the picket line he was on when he worked at EAL?

When a coupla guys criticized (legitimately) his school, he threatened them that he'd make sure they never got a job!

Real class act.

Chunk

Poor old Jerry Bloom has his hands full with all the work needed to keep'em in the air. Hope he doesn't take the fall for Stu...

The idea of three people logging multi PIC time on a single flight is repulsive to me.

1. Questionably legal
2. Definitely against the spirit of the regs
3. Not good experience...might as well be pencil-whipped
4. Unprofessional
5. Unsafe

How many of you MEI's out there would want to sit in the back seat with a couple of 40 hr pilots in the front during a routine flight, not to mention an emergency? I would be pretty sketchy about it in a single but wouldn't even think about it on a twin training flight. Do they practice engine-out ops with the CFI in the back? 'Watch this dude...this is what Vmc really looks like.'
'Oops, feathered the wrong one again.'

I feel extremely sorry for the three lives lost and the grief of their family and friends. I do not know the circumstances of the crash. Maybe the front seat pilots responded appropriately to the emergency, maybe not. Had the CFI been in the front seat, I would be much more likely to believe it. I hesitate to blame the CFI for sitting in the back because that is the way she was trained. Most of us trained in the real world (not a pilot whore bordello) would never dream of sitting in the back with two students up front. Why even go along at all?

How many of you low-time students out there would like to fly a twin with your MEI in the back? If so, you probably haven't been in an airplane when the s**t hit the fan.

Some of you airline guys...do your companies hire these yahoos? As far as I'm concerned, they're trying to circumvent the system by paying only 1/3 of their dues. I'm all for saving money but flight time in the logbook doesn't necessarily equate to experience, as I'm sure you know. Do your airlines consider back seat time as flight time?

BTW, didn't ATA (the school) lose their 141 certificate for this very issue? Maybe the Orlando FSDO isn't so kind in their interpretation of the regs.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back