Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
What is the average upgrade time at ACC? Just met a guy who worked there for a few years and never upgraded. Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

What is the average upgrade time at ACC? Just met a guy who worked there for a few years and never upgraded. Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

It looks like everyone wants you to make a search...
I would imagine it would be quick. You know I've always wanted to fly one of those shorts...they look like fun

Either this guy was pulling your leg or he had issues. Most of the people that I know there upgraded before they could hold an ATP. It would seem that at 1200 hours with sufficient time in type you will upgrade.

Either this guy was pulling your leg or he had issues. Most of the people that I know there upgraded before they could hold an ATP. It would seem that at 1200 hours with sufficient time in type you will upgrade.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

It looks like everyone wants you to make a search...
I would imagine it would be quick. You know I've always wanted to fly one of those shorts...they look like fun

Yea, but my question isn't going to be answered by a search.

so what is the current up grade time looking like....looks like a nice alternative to the regional route.

If I remember correctly, you're in the California area. And if you are, there is really only one person that fits that description.

He was offered upgrade, but do to some conflict with the then Emery/Menlo station people (who were constantly questioning the pilots WX descisions) the customer called and refused to allow him to be PIC on that run. And due to family and location issues he could not accept upgrade at other ACC stations back east.

I flew with the FO in question and he was a very fine, safe aviator. In fact he taught me some things about mountain flying.

So the short answer, no, it's not the norm.

Thanks T-Gate! This is what I thought when I flew with him. Just wondering if this was the norm. Thanks again.

The question I have is, if this is the great alternative that everyone says it is to the regional route, then why arent more people flying for places like ACC?

The question I have is, if this is the great alternative that everyone says it is to the regional route, then why arent more people flying for places like ACC?
The short answer is, Shiny Jet Syndrome. There are a few FO's who have left ACC in recent history, convinced they will make 26 to 28K in the first year at a certain regional airline (the one with the name no one can spell), and that the quality of life will be far better.

I love the shorts!
I would totally go to ACC if......

They would pay for my ticket to Milwaukee
They would put me in a class instead of a pool
They would put me on the charter side of things (19on/10off)

But instead they seem to like 600 hour guys who know somebody in the company and are willing to swim in a pool.

Im too high time for ACC and I dont know anybody. Double wammy!

Latest resources

Back