• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA's Contingency Plan (Per Tom Moore)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The language in the NW scope clause has provisions of some sort regarding the modification of certified a/c. In other words, if the a/c was certified for 44 seats (the CRJ-440) they must remain that way. Conversely the 50 seaters as certified cannot be modified to 44 seaters to get around the scope limitations. PCL is taking delivery of a few 50 seaters among the 44 seaters. NW also has about 30 more deliveries beyond the 95 PCL is slated for, plus over 100 options. Who's to say ACA couldn't get a piece of that pie? NW is also trying to get relief from the NW pilots on scope issues, so more 50 seaters could be a possibility.

I think our inept mgmt may actually be right with regards to the fact that Mesaba isn't only competing against Pinnacle, but any other carrier that wants a piece of the NW business.

FO

Rumor?

Regional types (Chatauqua and Air Whiskey) hanging out at GSO this week say that ACA will/might participate in an LLC venture with Virgin, to be based initially in IAD. Rumored to be a 49/51 ownership thing to get around current US regulations.

What did I miss?

:eek:

Minh

You didn't miss anything...there are all kinds of rumors flying around right now about what may or may not happen to us. I think the Virgin LCC is the one that most of us are hoping for, but who really knows for sure what will happen...crazy times.

Re: Germans/Pearl Harbor

Bluto said:
It's from a movie, jacka$$es. Get over it.

It's a new generation. These kids just don't remember when movies that used four-letter words got an "R" rating (and "PG13" didn't exist!!)

Nice reply

Why the need for "Jacka$$es"? I just asked a question......Talk about get over it!!!
Gez

Last edited:
Snakum said:
Rumor?

Regional types (Chatauqua and Air Whiskey) hanging out at GSO this week say that ACA will/might participate in an LLC venture with Virgin, to be based initially in IAD. Rumored to be a 49/51 ownership thing to get around current US regulations.

What did I miss?

:eek:

Minh

I love rumors, so lets speculate on potential growth for current ACA employees with new LCC. I assume the TA would disappear assuming we also don't renew our UAX agreement - cause if we do, a start up would only = 36? jobs/yr. for ACA pilots...... If the TA is gone then a LCC could just mean Vacancy bids wide open to us. Anyone else.

Just being a mushroom for now.

Latest resources

Back