• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA's Contingency Plan (Per Tom Moore)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its no secret that Richard Branson wants to start a LCC in the states but there are problems with foreign ownership of a U.S. airline (I'll let somebody else fill in all of the legal details). If he is involved, I would venture to say that is good news. I'll happily take Branson and Virgin over United - who knows, maybe he will extend travel benefits to the whole company and not just one side.

Ok All:

While I don't want any pilot out of a job, I do think United has a right to ask ACA for lower wages. If you look at the current statistics ACA is NO. 1 in cancellation of flight by DOT standards. Not good.

If I were negiotiating a contract I would be looking at the stats and using them to negiotiate.

I know its not the pilots fault that flights cancel.

Branson

Jonathan Orenstein is on very good terms with Branson (he was involved with Virgin before and showed very good results). Not that Branson couldn't deal with ACA, but I'd be really surprised if Branson made any moves in the US without Orenstein's knowledge (and likely involvement).

Interesting situation all around.

Good luck ACA guys, whatever the situation really is.

-Boo!

I detest flying with people who complain all the time to, but that does not mean that I will not fly with them. Same thing goes with Virgin Atlantic.
Something I always wanted to know how many people in here are really 121 pilots. Some seem to be want a be pilots.

It's a fact. Branson is a genious and yes: flying an airplane with "Virgin" painted on the side "is the stuff dreams are made of"....but when the alarm clock sounds and you have the 4:45 am Toledo showtime you begin to remember that Branson hates Unions. Virgin Blue is non-union...he won't have anything to do with Unions. I still repect the man...but I seriously doubt I (or we)will ever fly a candy apple red and white airplane.

This sucks. I really don't see any contingency plans being implemented without the 41's going away. If they go away...500 will automatically get furloughed. That goes deep in the F/O senority list. Even IF United signs a contract there's still a good chance they will want the 41's gone yesterday.

I would lift up the switch guard and keep your finger on the "emergency back-up career plan button"....

House

Latest resources

Back