ACARS costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cesmaf

Anyone have any idea how much ACARS costs an airline? Any unit of measure would be good -- e.g. fleet cost / month. From the research I’ve found, ARINC or SITA charges on a Kilobits sent/receive, but maybe they’ve moved to something like the cell phone plans of unlimited calls/text messages.
Thanks

It costs some airlines dollars. perhaps you could also cost it in quarters or dimes. If you were in Mexico you could cost it in pesos in which case you could get a good estimate of multiplying your US cost by 100. good luck

It costs some airlines dollars. perhaps you could also cost it in quarters or dimes. If you were in Mexico you could cost it in pesos in which case you could get a good estimate of multiplying your US cost by 100. good luck

Useless post. Not that I know what the cost is....

We used to discuss this too awhile back. Rumor was price per character transmitted vs. monthly charge. The true answer never came out.

I just consider whatever it costs, it's the cost of doing business.

I thought I remember hearing it was 10 cents per character and then of course the fixed costs of installation and setup

If I remember right, for a standard message it was roughly 10 cents a message. For an aerodata/weight and balance message, I am sure it would be a bit more.

Interesting... our acars shows "free text message" where we usually transmit messages. Maybe dispatch is in our "fab five" plan.

i can't speak for anyone but F9, but we pay a monthly charge for unlimited data, both aerodata weight and balance, and standard acars functions...

Latest resources

Back