Aca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

neflyguy

This yesteday from a leading aviation source.........

ACA Ready To Fly Large RJ In United's Recovery
Atlantic Coast Airlines (ACA) is eager to add 70-seat aircraft to its fleet if United opts to use larger regional jets as part of its recovery from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

"We're ready to move," an airline spokesman told The DAILY, contending that aircraft certification and pilot training could be accomplished quickly.

As part of its transformation plan, United has told its employees that 70-seat jets would fill a significant hole between 50-seat and 70-seat aircraft. The larger RJs would also extend the range of United's Express product by adding markets out of Denver and Chicago that the carrier currently can't reach economically.

ACA said the 70-seater additions would be incremental to its delivery scheduled of 50-seat CRJ200s. The carrier is projected to have a fleet of 121 -200s by the end of 2004, based on estimates from Raymond James & Associates Inc.

But those deliveries depend on a judge's ruling, expected Feb. 28, on ACA's request that United accept or reject ACA's United Express agreement. The carrier has said it would be tough to obtain financing for additional aircraft without a commitment from United (DAILY, Jan. 21). ACA is slated to take delivery of two more aircraft this month.

Despite uncertainty about its United Express operations, ACA yesterday gave its employees a one-time bonus for the carrier's operational performance in the third and fourth quarters.

What exactly is the source...the "Daily" doesn't sound familiar.

It was in Aviation Daily, which keeps pretty good tabs on the industry, and is what most people in both private industry and government use, to get their daily briefings.

As an ACA guy, I hope this is accurate, I also hear of people talking about a new code share w/American. I'll be the fist to say that I'll believe it after logging it for 3 months.. I'm only posting this to give everyone hope, without hope there aint much left.

peace and good luck to all...

neflyguy

Thanks for the posotive thread. This makes more sense to me then the "down with ACA" threads.

Neflyguy it's too bad more people don't think like you. It's great to finally see someone else who doesn't believe the worst is inevitable.

Latest resources

Back