Aca V Pdft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gulfstream777

If given the chance to fly for either Atlantic coast or Piedmont whom would you rather fly for?

Also for the ACA guys is it hard to get based out of ORD and how is the flying and domicile in general?

Thanks,

GV777

I'd go for ACA purely on the fact of travel bennies on Delta and United. I believe ACA also has better top end due to the CRJs.

Just out of curiousity....
When is your class date at PDT?

I am a furloughed CoEx going to PDT.

RJ

ACA details - you decide:

First year FO pay = $21.53/hr
2nd year FO pay = $24.70

The company is in the midst of converting over 360 Jetstream Pilots to fly the Dornier. You may assume that all of them will become captains and that new hires will fill the FO ranks and will remain as FO's for a long time (say about 3-4 years for upgrade right now if you're lucky).

The training department seems not to understand the concept of training. i.e. where you teach students and prepare them to pass a checkride. The CRJ program is now referrred to as the "pink badge of courage" since 65-75% of applicants fail on their first attempt.

Somebody mentioned travel benefits. United side employees get limited access to mainline United flights. Delta side employees get even more limited access to mainline Delta flights. Delta side employees have no rights on United side regardless of what company propaganda states. ACA is a contractor to both United and Delta - rumors have it that we may lose all mainline bene's except for jumpseating and ID90's as the big guys try to cut expenses.

Management is very good at upholding stockholder equity. They do that by making sure that expenses are cut to the bone, that payroll hours are always in dispute and that you get a minimal paycheck until disputes are settled.

In conversations with other pilots, we seem to be the only airline that flies lines with an average of 82 flying hours per month with only 11-12 days off. Seems funny to me that my friends at Mesaba and Mesa are getting 17 days off a month and flying more hours. Our scheduling department and scheduling software need a complete overhaul.

We will be an all-Jet airline by 2003-2004 depending on Dornier deliveries. The airline will probably continue to be successful. We will probably hire 200-400 new pilots in the next year that will ignore all the points above, sell their souls to fly jets and basically will dilute the pilot population so that we will continue to get paid low wages and get treated like dirt.

I joined ACA because I was told they were the best run regional. If this is the best, I'd hate to see the worst. My view is they are an organization which pays low dollar for all employee positions and they survive only in a high-growth mode. When the growth goes to zero or negative as in the last couple of months, they show that they have no talent for management. They are unconcerned about a quality product, they are only concerned about the bottom line. Joining ACA, you should be in a time-building mode. You will be afforded the opportuntiy to build time for a job in the majors if and when they resume hiring. I guarantee you won't want to stay at ACA any longer than you have to.

ACA Defense

ACA Hands Down.

PDT is caught in the middle of a huge pilot/mgt dispute. They have no jets and there are no plans of having the wholly owned fly them.

PDT is a great company but on paper how great of a competitor are they?

UAL now allows all ACA employees to WYO's. (travel privilages)
2nd year pay could be $34 an hour if you are in the CRJ.

Scheduling isn't the greatest at ACA.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply's to the post. To be honest with my orginal post. I agree that ACA's Management needs to get a clue that by not investing profits into your own company=distruction. PDT seems to be a fun group execpt for the fact that PDT is with US Airways.

GV777

tarp,

Complaining about ACA is like an astronaut complaining about flying the space shuttle. I'd rather have ACA scheduling calling me up on x-mas eve to fly a 12 million dollar jet than hearing "I'd like a Whopper, fries and a Diet Coke"...being furloughed quickly changes one’s perspective.

House

Gulfstream -

When were you hired? I noticed your total time is 1000. Were you in the bridge program? If not, did you know someone there? Just curious because ACA is my number one choice and I will have 1000 in the coming months with a good bit of multi PIC. Just wondered what my chances are.
Thanks.

Latest resources

Back