• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA & Traffic tickets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what its worth, i got hired at ACA with a suspended drivers license. Yes, SUSPENDED! lots of stipulations involved and as long as you are yourself and dont hide anything, you too will get hired. Just make sure you come across responsible in any fact that can be found. My issue was a bit bogus as far as NDR, but if you're upfront and honest, and want to do the right thing, it will show. Dont try to pull the wool over on us! We will find out....

No HIgh Horse Here, BUT....

My reply was not from a pulpit. But look at the post he wrote. Instead of taking the blame, he is STILL, 10 years later, making excuses for it. I stand on what I said before...NOBODY was "made" to get tickets. I know, I know, we all made mistakes, but you need to show that you learned from them, not make excuses.
So far as getting your driver record and LYING about it if there is nothing there. Forgret it. It's wrong (sorry folks, there is such a thing as wrong-----and don't call me PC. I'm far from that). And besides, they WILL find out. We had a guy get pulled out of my calss 4 weeks into training for something that "wasn't there anymore".
There's the advice. Don't be a liar, and learn from the mistakes. I'm not shouting from a soapbox, I just don't think you'll go far by trying to cover things up and hide them. Doing those things will get you a good job in the federal government though....
Good Luck, don't give up.....it's worth the fight if you have one

Re: No HIgh Horse Here, BUT....

acaTerry said:
And besides, they WILL find out. We had a guy get pulled out of my calss 4 weeks into training for something that "wasn't there anymore".

two questions...HOW will they find out (if you can't)? and what did that guy in your class do (was it the same thing)?

I have no idea in the world how they found out....
My best guess is that they have access to records kept by the gov't that are not aceesible by you, me or our pet monkeys. We'd all be foolish to think that no such thing exists, but let's face it, the gov't does hide things from us all.
Anyway, he lied about 2 things. First, he had a DUI many years ago. His record the NDR sent him was clean, except for a minor infraction (expired tag if I remember right). But he tried to get away with the DUI.
Second, he damaged an aircraft while taxiing/parking. He was the last plane in, late at night, so he figured no one would blame him as there were no witnesses and the damage was very minor. When he was called the next morning about it, he said it must have been the pilot of the other plane, as it was not there when he got in and parked. Only problem was that the other plane had sat for the 4 or so days prior and not flown.
Anyhow, it was really scary to see him called out of class and sent home. We had to spend alot of money to get enough drink in him to get him to spill the beans. And since then, I think he went to fly freight or something. We all (the class) had a few "what abouts" of this guy. For example, he was only 23 (which was young for a pilot back then ) and had over 2500 hrs, lots of turbine, and a fair amount of it was PIC. Also, how did a new hire at a regional afford a new Mustang convertible? In other ways he was an 8-ball, so we were not TOO suprised when he was sent out. But nonetheless it had all of us scared....
Moral of the story is be honest. If not for the sake of honesty, for the sake of keeping a job. Also, don't think that just because you did something in the past that you're screwed. If making a mistake was a disqualifier, lots of us would be out of work.

TAKE ANACONDA FOR EXAMPLE

Take Anaconda for example.....
His profile brags about his being in the army. "Fly army" it says. Everyone knows if he had thoughtit out that HE SHOULD HAVE JOINED THE MARINES!!!!
Just a little humor from a grunt....

actually, in college i took some a few naval rotc classes. they gave us an opportunity to go to quantico for a week and check out the basic school. that was all i needed to see to know i didn't want to go down that road...:D

Tickets Etc...

Last year I would have said "get your NDR and a copy of your records from any state you have had a license in". However, the finger printing required for all SIDA badge employees has thrown a wrinkle in that logic. Your NDR only shows suspensions, revocations, and dui's. If you have never had one of these, you have no record at the NDR. You should still request a copy to make sure there have been no mistaken entries. One important note, some things that show up on your NDR are perishable, one may have a suspension on their NDR then ? years later it just goes away. I should say, it USED to go away. Now, with the FBI finger print background check, every fricken thing you have ever done is sent to your employer. Got a ticket at 16 for ten over that is no longer on your state driving record, it is still on the FBI's. Get a municipal ticket for drinking a beer underage, the FBI has that too. I recommend following ALPA's advice, go to your local police station and get fingerprinted. Then send the prints and an $18 check to the FBI (forgot the address, it is on the alpa website). A few weeks later you will get a scary copy in the mail of what you ate for breakfast 11 years ago, along with all your other miscues. Good luck, and just be honest.

Courtesy of ALPA

Obtaining a Copy of a Criminal History Background Check

Airlines have been conducting criminal background checks of all new and existing employees, looking back 10 years from the date of application, as mandated by the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA). The potential for abuse and misuse of these background checks is great—and errors undoubtedly will be made in carrying out a task this enormous, which involves hundreds of thousands of workers.

The Delta pilots’ Master Executive Council (MEC) recently issued an alert to all Delta pilots, providing information on how individual flightcrew members may obtain a copy of their criminal background check.

"It’s like getting a credit check before applying for a loan," advises Capt. Dennis Dolan, ALPA’s first vice-president and chairman of ALPA’s Security Task Force. "It costs about $34, and you get an answer back in about 10 days."

You may obtain a criminal history records check (CHRC) in two ways:

1. After completing your fingerprinting through your airline’s human resources department or other party as part of your records check, you can ask that a copy be provided to you via letter.

2. You may also send a written request to the FBI with the following information:

complete name;
date and place of birth;
address;
proof of identification—e.g., copy of driver’s license, passport, etc.;
a complete original set of rolled-ink fingerprints, which may be obtained from any local police department or fingerprinting company listed in the yellow pages of the telephone book (nominal charge of $2 to $10); and
certified check or money order for $18.00 made out to the Treasury of the United States.
Send the request by mail or overnight delivery service to FBI—CJIS Division, SCU-MOD-D2, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, WV 26306.

You should receive your results in about 10 days. When you receive your record, it should include instructions for disputing an entry. You may then correct the record with accurate information, in a way similar to correcting a credit report.

If uve had a ticket, that you went to court for and was able to take a driving school for to "get off your record", Does this show up anywhere? Would you need to answer that uve had a ticket if this is the only one youve gotten?

Latest resources

Back