• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA & Traffic tickets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, what a thread.........I do have to say that just because someone has 5 tickets when their 16 does not equate to how they grew up....let's face it, 16, that's young....now 26....most people went through a life change between 16 and 26......just my two cents.....though, unfortuately anything can keep you from an airline job these.....some companies might being using that as an elimination factor, but I wouldn't worry too much about it...just keep plugging away at sending out those resumes you'll get hired through pure persistance........

Thanks for all of the advice! Thanks anaconda! You're darn right FLY ARMY! I have come up with a really good explanation of my past driving record which I will present my interviewers this week. I'm not too worried about it this company has hired guys with DUI's etc...
acaTerry
if you read the post correctly you would have realized that I wasn't making excuses. I was trying to understand the rationale and decision making process the airline goes through in weeding out candidates. If I wanted to be insulted by you I would have asked for someone to insult me. Until then read the post, and answer accordingly.

What to do with Traffic School ...

"If uve had a ticket, that you went to court for and was able to take a driving school for to "get off your record", Does this show up anywhere? Would you need to answer that uve had a ticket if this is the only one youve gotten?"

It is not on the record to your insurance company, and it adds no points, but the cops know about it so I assume that the airlines can find out about it too. In my case I just reported it, because by taking the class you are essentially pleading guilty (no contest). Really a couple of tickets (not too fast, not too many, not too recent) is no big deal. Don't sweat it and don't get any more.

Interviewer: How many speeding tickets have you ever gotten?"

Applicant: I got a few back in college. But I honestly don't remember how many since its been OVER TEN YEARS!!"

Contrary to want the self-righteous preachers on this board say, people do change. Driving habits improve. Responsibility increases with age.

Check your NDR report and every state you've ever had a license in. Report what they'll see. If there are others in your past simply state the qoute above. Honestly, do you keep records that far back?

"I don't recall" worked for Ronald Reagan.

To Willis

Willis,
I did not intend in manner, way, shape or form to insult you. Sorry if it came out that way. Just an irate response from someone who lost a loved one to a 17 year old with a "need for speed". The response from the kid was hauntingly similar to when you said that you were "MADE to get tickets". I may have taken that out of context, but it did sound at least to me that you blame it on youth instead of yourself.
In any case, keep trying. Everyone does something sometime. Just show how you are a better man today and sooner or later it will work out. Probably after the industry stabilizes again and you are not competing with so many people for the same darn job. now you need about 250 PIC Space Shuttle hours to get a job flying a Junkstream....

Latest resources

Back