Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: I work for greyhound!

greyhound said:
If Mesa would settle for busdriver pay, they would actually improve.
:)

And so would EVERY REGIONAL IN THE COUNTRY including Comair and air Wisky! What's your point? We all get paid like sh!t year one. -Bean

skypine69 &ziggy1

To answer your question.
Their are trips that go out and back every day, but you also have your usual drive for 8 to 10 hours, go to the hotel, and return the next day type of trips. It is not a cross-country driving job like most people think. I am rarely away for more than 2 days.
I don't know if I would recommend this place as a career, but I would only be giving you my opinion. Some people stay here long term.
I'm based in Ca. so I don't go out farther than a 450 mile radius before getting turned back to my base. We bid 4 times a year.
I'm currently on reserve so I don't have any set hours or days off.
But I can request any days I want to be off. Just call dispatch, tell them you are not available for the next 12-24 or 48 hours, and you won't get a call. I will miss that kind of flexability when I leave.

BEANTOWN.
The only reason I brought up Mesa, is because it was brought up on earlier replies. You are correct, all regionals would improve if they settled for Greyhound pay. I was not trying to make a point.

:cool:

I doubt the concessions are for 700's. No matter what happens, mesa and other carriers can fly them cheaper than we can...also remember that mesa is already flying 700's as well. I don't see any incentive for United to allow us to fly 700's.

We better face the facts...if we want to start making serious money we have to go out there and do it ourselves. The days of getting fat checks from the majors are gone.

We have a great pilot group and I think many in the company would feel proud to fly ACA jets painted in our own colors. We have a great product...with the right marketing and "BRANDING" we can be successful.

House

I hope this doesn't turn into another "Anyone know if Burger King is hiring? What are their mins?" thread.......

I think a lot of us here would like/need to know how it works too. Where do we apply?

Going it on our own.

I would love to think that ACA would make it on its own. Mama always said don't put all your eggs in one basket. Well that's what we did with United.

My only concern is the niche in wich ACA wants to fill. Tom Moore wants us to be a regional low cost airlines. The Southwest of the Regionals. I just don't know if that can be done. He even stated at his Roadshow we have the wrong planes to start it with. So maybe 70 seaters who knows. Maybe there is a market for the Low cost regional carrier and we'll become the leader to find it. I know if that happens I'll lose my job for now. I just have some serios doubts about were ACA sees itself as its own airline.

I certainly don't think that ACAI will go under if United Packs it in. I just don't agree with their buisness model for operating on their own. It will take a major effort to go it on their own but I don't think that will be the end of ACA. The market for Regional Jets is to good to just fold becuase United doesn't survive.

read one of the last 8-K's for yourself. If UAL ceases operations then ACAI will quickly ha ve to find another codeshare partner, there WILL be an interruption of service, and if they are unable to find a codeshare partner fast then the company will not survive.

Latest resources

Back