• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a major furloughed pilot waiting for class (UAL) and the subject of seniority resignation never came upi n the interview. I interviewed in August and was recently told it could be early next year before I am in class.

furloughed

Texas,

Why don't you try ASA? I've heard they will hire furloughed Delta folks and don't require resignation of seniority. Plus, they do have a Dallas base.

rightrudder said:
Texas,

Why don't you try ASA? I've heard they will hire furloughed Delta folks and don't require resignation of seniority. Plus, they do have a Dallas base.

I've sent them a resume the last three months and have yet to hear anything back.... I'd love to work there but am looking for other companies as well to keep my options open. Thanks though...

ACA Poolies

For those of you waiting for class dates at ACA, I saw the poolie folders in three piles that totals about two feet tall next to Dean's desk....Once you have waited a month after you got call, get a hold of Dean to see if there is any progress. It takes about two to three months after you get the call to get a date. It seems like once you contact them, they stick you in a upcomming class out of the blue. It is all random. I moved three different times before a final date was given. I have two pilots in my FRJ class. ACA is slowing the hiring down so if you are waiting - be glad your IN and not looking! It is worth the wait. ACA is Awesome!

United is cuting capacity by 12%, ACA and other United Express Carriers are picking these routes up for United. It is bad and good at the same time.

Tooslow,

ACA is slowing down their hiring? By how much? I was under the impression that they look to hire about 300 pilots next year. :confused:

ACA

They are still looking at 300 or so next year, but they have filled classes through the first quarter already. Shawn said they don't want to back up the training department. We can only train so many at at a time.

Last edited:
Letter

ACA has slowed down the hiring! There were 8 candidates in my interview selection and all of us got a letter. We interviewed in early October and got the letter 2.5 weeks later (all of us).

Qualified, yes. A lot (5) were furloughed 121 (Coex, Eagle, Mesaba), (1) 135 guy, (1) 91 female, and a Riddle CFII.

I was told by a senior line captain that reapply in April or so would be a better time since there were so many people awaiting class dates.

Hope this helps!

Re: Letter

tach32 said:
ACA has slowed down the hiring! There were 8 candidates in my interview selection and all of us got a letter. We interviewed in early October and got the letter 2.5 weeks later (all of us).

Qualified, yes. A lot (5) were furloughed 121 (Coex, Eagle, Mesaba), (1) 135 guy, (1) 91 female, and a Riddle CFII.

I was told by a senior line captain that reapply in April or so would be a better time since there were so many people awaiting class dates.

Hope this helps!

Did anyone/everyone have someone walk in their Resumes? LORs? It would figure now that I have the time and the above they aren't hiring.

Brad

That is true! Shawn said that they are only considering walk in or referals at this time. These walked in resumes and referals also need to have at least 2,000 to 3,000 hours. They are slowing DOWN! They have 80 or so in the pool. An additional 300 will be hired in 2003.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back