• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interviewed in early september, still swimming as of right now.
It seems like that the industry-wide trend in '02-'03. There may be jobs out there, but you have to be patient and learn how to swim to get them. Seems like most of the other regionals that are hiring are filling pools in which you wait a while before going to class. It does take patience, but its certainly not the worst place in the industry to be right now.

I spoke with D.H. at ACA earlier today and he said that according to my interview date (mid Sept.) I should'nt expect a class date until July or August. This doesnt seem to agree with the overall optimism of this thread. I certainly hope that he was being conservative in his estimation! :(

Interviewed September 25th. Sorry to see August poolies still swimming! ARGH! I thought I was getting closer

I just got an email response from Mr. Hess today. He said I might expect a class date "by mid Spring". I interviewed in late September, and my beard has filled-out nicely.

I spoke to D. H. earlier this week and he said to expect a class around September. Interviewed mid October 2002.

Hi
Same as cocknbull here. Interviewed mid September and was told a few days ago to expect a class late March or early April.

Variances

Okay, it seems safe to say that the pool has those late August to early September interviewees still kicking and paddling. Two or three of the Sept. interviewees have conveyed that they have been told to expect March or April and one or two Sept./Oct. interviewees mention that we were told to expect a late summer class. What do you all attribute the variance to? Is it in an attempt to provide a conservative and/or worst case scenario class date projection for those mentioned in the latter? If anyone is in the know, I'm all ears.

Fact- The only thing I know for sure is I am #51 in the pool with a Sept. 23 interview date.

Speculation- I told my friend my # and he got his packet of PROJECTED class dates out and saw the availability of planes and class slots which would project a mid-spring class date. I feel that the logistics of getting new hires trained at the right time and the UAL situation have made the job of projecting class dates a hard one.

The bright side to this is that at least we know that ACA is ran well and they won't waste a cent on trainning a new hire only to sit and do nothing. I remember last summer when comair had a slow down in the trainning department and the pool was full. New hires were on reserve for months and years only to fly 30 hours a month. They must have wasted tons of money. To me flying for a company that is ran well is much more important then getting trained right away while share holders money is wasted. Also keep in mind that from what I have heard ASA cancelled all new hire classes this year and some in the pool will have to rehire. I don't think this will happen to us.

Take the time to further yourself by taken some college classes or to finish a degree if you can.

PS If anyone recieves a date keep everyone else informed on hire date so we can maybe see where we stand.

Interviewed in mid-August and still swimming. Got a call back from the HR Dept. today and they said that there are 5 people ahead of me. He said that number 6 in the pool probably would get me into the next class. When will that be? I am not sure (it was a voice mail and he didn't note a class date).

AvJunke----Timing, timing, timing. Some friends interviewed just two months before me and were told to report for training the very next week! They are on the line. I interviewed two months later and am in the pool. I am Not complaining. Just illustrating what a difference a month or two makes in the end.

Latest resources

Back