• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA new RJs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are getting 4 CRJ's in the next 10 days. Too bad we are not getting some more 328 Jets....

And just to qualify....the 4 new RJ's.

There were 4 RJ's in the production pipeline for ACA as part of our previous delivery agreement. When the UAL thing went South, ACA told Bombardier no more planes and that we couldn't secure financing.

There was a lot of back room negotiating in which I believe Bombardier either sweetened the deal or took back financing or both to push these planes on to us and get them out the door.

As far as the party line goes - these are all that ACA are willing to accept until UAL finalizes a deal. This also created the retirement of some of the J-41's to offset the delivery and keep the fleet at UAL's requested level, etc, etc.

Yes, it looks stupid, we're buying planes and furloughing pilots, but we bought these planes the way I bought a watch off the street in Philly years ago - "hey buddy, have I got a deal for you".

"Financing fell through in the 11th hour, so no more CRJs," said the MEC guy in my jumpseat. Oh well, more line upgrades to the J-41...

Tailwinds...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back