ACA interviewed 12-05-02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Just wanted to see if anyone knew what was going on at ACA. I interviewed yesterday. UAL is in trouble and will this mean growth for ACA or shrinking of the express sides (ACA,SKYWEST, AIRWIS)?

First off, congrats on your interview. I thought everyone has been saying no more interviews till March:confused: When did you get the call and what did they say about future hiring?

To answer your question: If they file, and we all hope they don't, it'll affect everyone. My bet is that Regionals could pick up they're unprofitable routes, but it could be at a reduced price, negotiated through the courts.

If you use USAirways as a pattern, all you have to do is look at their WO's and see it could also go the other way. Not good.

I do think that ACA, AWAC and SkyWest have the advantage of diversity with the majors, flying for more than one. I think they could all move aircraft to their other partners and could also go out under their own flag and make money on the same routes they currently fly for UAL. Time will tell.

First off, congrats on your interview. I thought everyone has been saying no more interviews till March When did you get the call and what did they say about future hiring?

From what I've heard, ACA is only granting interviews to Interns that are close to meeting their intern hiring requirements of 600 TT, 100 Multi.

hotwing- it looks like you have many more hours than that, how did you get an interview? Maybe the rules aren't as written in stone as I had heard. (a first in this industry...):rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back