ACA furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My sincere apologies...

Tom Moore used the words "pissed off" regarding the Chautauqua/Delta deal to piss off USAir. The word he used regarding ACA and UAL was "antagonize".

Guess you caught me and called me on the carpet Ziggy!

RPTrain knows the score...

Cheers.

LOOKING4TRAFFIC and CLIMBHAPPY

Thank you for your comments. I have just got back from being out for two days. We were up towards Basara and things were getting a little heated up. We had a missle attack about 2 hours ago. We have to carry our chemical mask where ever we go and everytime the siren goes off we must put it on. Talk about your bold face items.
I have a feeling this thing is going to be longer than what we expected. I am hoping to be finished by Nov 30 but who knows.
We are luckey to come back to a so called crashpad here in Kuwait for our flight crews and able to watch TV. We have seen those protesters and that does not bother anyone over here.

Everyone in the pools waiting for a job. Just hang in there. I know its easier said than done, but remember this.

Great things come to those who wait.

Terry V.
CRJ/FO
ACA

Temp loan to the Air Force

For the guys in the pool....beware....I was in the pool for ACA prior to 9/11. After ACA stopped hiring in Oct of 2001 they file 13'ed the pool list. I thought they would call me as I was in the next supposed class. They never did! Don't sit and wait cause if things go the the way they look, don't plan on them keeping the pool. BTW I called Dean after they started classes again and he had no record of me even interviewing. Thats what they think of poolies after going through a period of uncertainty.
:mad:

So how far back, in terms of DOH, will these initial furloughs go?

jimbo,

I was in the pool prior to 9/11 as well. After my interview they never sent me any infomation confirming the results...I had to call...as a matter of fact, I called ACA every 1-2 weeks and bugged the heck of em' for 4-5 months till I had a class date.
So the rule is...sqweeky wheel gets the greese. I'm sorry you had an unfortunate outcome with the pool.

To the poolies...keep hanging in there...keep the wheel sqweekin'...hopefully there will be plenty of flying for everybody...if not...save me a uniform at Burger King!!!

hmmm

Wow....furloughed from COEX and now shut out of a regional before I even get there....maybe flying fr8 isn't so bad after all. no furloughs, ok salary, and good flying. The schedule sucks but I do get to live in the greatest city anywhere DALLAS. Beats the heck out of Chicago, Washington, Boston, or anywhere in OHIO. Its 83 degrees here today! It was 80 degrees last week 3 out of 5 days. Good luck everyone and don't discount becoming a fr8 dog. Most of the horor stories are true but its all in what you make of it. Hey, at least I can pay my freakin' bills which is more than I can say about my formor regional airline salary.

Also, don't be impressed with Moore and the upper management paycuts. Remember, the board can simply vote to return the paycut and bonuses ast anytime--just like Leo and the crew just did at Delta. This is not a sign of solidarity, just slick management tactics. Let's not get tricked by this BS.

Additionally, like a previous post iterated, Moore is liking us to Mesa, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**taqua, et al because we pilots consider us on par with AWAC, Comair and SkyWest. Their hopes is that we'll meet in the middle with less than we have now. What a crock of shi-ite

Tailwinds...

Also, don't be impressed with Moore and the upper management paycuts. Remember, the board can simply vote to return the paycut and bonuses ast anytime--just like Leo and the crew just did at Delta. This is not a sign of solidarity, just slick management tactics. Let's not get tricked by this BS.

Additionally, like a previous post iterated, Moore is liking us to Mesa, Chitaqua, et al because we pilots consider us on par with AWAC, Comair and SkyWest. Their hopes is that we'll meet in the middle with less than we have now. What a crock of shi-ite

Tailwinds...:beer:

Latest resources

Back