• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what the heck is United waiting for? They know they want more RJs so they have to re-settle their contracts with the UAX carriers pronto.

Don't forget we will ask for voluntary leave of absences before we furlough - its summertime - so don't be surprised if we have a lot of pilots volunteer for a month or two off. Hopefully, that will help substantially if we have to furlough.

Our contract over here at Mesaba has been expired since last June and we are fighting the fight and will due every thing we can to keep the regional payscales increasing.
We have 46 pilots on Furlough and the company is threatening more in the fall and yet every pilot that I have worked with is willing to Strike in order to get the wages we and every regional pilot deserves.
You Mesa folk's will damage our effort's if you sign that TA and lower the standards, that Comair, Air wisconson, Skywest and others have set.

apathy

I spoke with a few Mesa pilots recently about the issue of the TA. These were guys who I worked with while at Mesa.

The concensus I got... why go on strike for an airline like Mesa? It's not a Comair, Air Wisky or anyone of great value.

All of the guys had the same opinion. It is not worth thier time to go in strike as NONE of them are looking at a career at Mesa.

While I think the TA is a joke, I can also see thier point(s).

Although the "promise" of Freedumb going under and those 70's and 90's coming over AND they are one fo the few regionals still growing, what would you do?

Why go on strike when it really is not going to do anything for THIER career's.

I do not agree with thier positions, but I can see the apathy, Mesa is just not worth it...

That is exactly why Mesa isn't a Comair or Airwisky. Comair, if anyone remembers, had a pathetic contract before the strike. And it's also sad that those Mesa folks you spoke with don't realize that 1) they might not have the opportunity to "move on" and that 2) their attitude towards the whole situation is precisely WHY they won't be able to move on. Really ironic.

46Driver,

I have to strongly disagree with you. United's financial situation may be driving people to do stupid things but it is not the reason Mesa should accept their TA.

UNITED IS NOT LOSING MONEY ON ACA, SKYWEST, AND AIRWISCONSIN

we make UAL money while making a decent living. Sure United would like to take us for more and/or find someone to do it cheaper, but helping JO screw us out of a perfectly good relationship doesn't sit well with me.

I agree with Herman Bloom. You guys might never leave Mesa, especially if you drive the better guys into the ground. I want to work for a strong airline industry where we are at least paid a reasonable wage for the service we provide. If I had to work for someone like Mesa I would leave the industry. I can make more money at McDonalds, have more time off, and not have the responsiblity of people's lives in my hands.

Don't reject the TA for us. Do it for yourselves.

Apathy continued

Like I said.. I do not agree with the position, but these are guys with 3-4 years into Mesa. Upgrades have slowed to stopped, movement to the jet is slow from the prop's. But.. from a guy who already has invested 3-4 years at a barely aceptable wage they cannot afford to strike first of all. Secondly, what do they think they can get? A comair or Air Willy wages? Not with JO at the helm.

Their arguments were simple.. it will cost them more in lost wages then what they will get from a strike. It may take some of them years to recoup the losses from a strike.

Mesa, as an airline is simply not worth it. No one wants a career at Mesa, and those who are there for the long term are on the top of the food chain already.

Now.. JO throws out Freedumb, signs on with J4J, gets UAL, add's routes, jet's and more. So do they give up the growth and job security for what may amount to a couple of bucks? Most of them are counting thier days to bolting to the Jet Blue's, SWA, Air Tran or others.

I agree that with them signing a below par contract will hurt us all, but how do you fight apathy?

Re: apathy

dondk said:
I

The concensus I got... why go on strike for an airline like Mesa? It's not a Comair, Air Wisky or anyone of great value.

If they ratify this TA, there may not be anyone else worth of value to go to....

No one can compete with their horrible work rules, pay, benefits, etc without giving concessions of their own.

IF MESA IS NOT WORTH IT & THATS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO BE THEN TELL J.O. TO STICK IT & REJECT THE TA!!!! THEN APPLY AT ANOTHER AIRLINE!!!!

IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOU MAY BE STUCK AT MESA FOR LONGER THAN YOU THINK AND REGRETTING THAT YOU DIDN'T RAISE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back