Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DarnNearaJet

It pays to be informed:

Just saw in the IAD Crew Room the latest and greatest CRJ stats. I don't know if it was disseminated by the Company or ALPA but it had the names of every CA and FO who went through CRJ training from late May to late June, including a code for the type of checkride failure (Oral, Practical) as well as completion dates and the number of PC's.

The numbers aren't pretty. 50% of the Captains failed a checkride/oral. Two that passed were going into the training department. 30% of the FO's failed a checkride/oral. (One resigned and one was terminated.)

The Company only counts a failure as someone who doesn't make it through the training at all (ie: goes back to his/her old seat.) So this will be officially "spun" to lower numbers in the next DO's newsletter.

Just when you heard things were getting better.

ACA Posts your failures in the CREW ROOM!!?

THAT sounds like a great organization!

S.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking also. If it was ALPA's doing they certainly should not have disclosed the names. WTF??

Of course it was ALPA. I mean, isn't ALPA to blame for everything that is wrong at the regionals?

It COULDN'T have been the company, could it??? NAH! HAD to be ALPA.

Check Rides

IF those numbers are true, the Director of Training should be man enough to resign or be terminated.

You do not need to be on the property to know that the problem is not with the trainees.

And they train under AQP?

Disgusting.

Is there anyone on this board who has been through ACA's training in the past few months, regardless of aircraft?
If so, what was your opinion of the training program.

Seems like a great airline, but makes you think twice before applying, after hearing something like this.

Re: Check Rides

Little Duece said:
IF those numbers are true, the Director of Training should be man enough to resign or be terminated.

You do not need to be on the property to know that the problem is not with the trainees.

And they train under AQP?

Disgusting.

Little D, I agree!! Folks, the CL 65 is not difficult. I have 2000 hours in the beast. If a dumb ole country boy like me can get it than anyone can. I have not been through ACA's program but these statistics should raise a red flag. I do not believe the quality of their newhires is the problem. I hope the FAA is monitoring this situation. I remember when I was at Midway, they monitored the pass/fail rates very closely as one of the gauges of our training program.

Those of you that are about to begin ACA's program: Know the limitations, memory items, and SOPs (call-outs) cold before you start day 1. Pull out some approaches and do some chair flying at home using the appropriate call-outs. And one last thing to remember, cooperate and graduate!! Leave all bad attitudes at home.

I wish all of you good luck with your training.

gump

I went thru 328j training a little while ago. The training was very good, plenty of sims, good instructors. most prepared id been for a checkride at ACA.

advice for newhires: know limitations, profiles and callouts cold before first day of class like someone else was saying. You cant get into any of the sims w/o knowing the calls like the back of your hand and expect to do well.

All programs are supposed to be AQP by the end of summer--right now only 41 is. CRJ still has its problems but they have gotten alot better than a couple years ago. i hope that isnt true about the checkride stats being posted in the crew room although i saw a copy of it floating around on line.

hope this helps.

zkmayo said:
advice for newhires: know limitations, profiles and callouts cold before first day of class

Is this for real?? In twenty years of airline flying, I have NEVER been expected to know limitations, profiles and callouts cold BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. Where are these hew hires supposed to get this information BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS? As an instructor/check airman I would never expect this of students. Knowing this stuff before showing up for sim training, yes...but the first day of class??

If this is how the training department is run, then it is in serious trouble. I would think LONG AND HARD before accepting employment at a company such as this.

Latest resources

Back