ACA crash pads transportation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chadap

I just got hired by ACA and am curious what most people do at ORD and IAD for transportation to and from their crash pads. Is there any good public transportation around IAD. I want to try to avoid buying another car.

Public Transportation around IAD. HA HA
Sorry, no offense, but that is one thing that is sadly lacking. Most Pilots and FA's I know have crash pad cars. There are crash pads where a group of guys share a car as well as all sorts of other sharing arrangements. The only Mass transit is the Washington Flyer Bus to the West Falls church Metro Station. 25 minute ride at least and about $8.00, I think. Some people have crash pads at the Holiday Inn Express in Herndon which has a van service to and from the airport. Other people pay off the van drivers to hotel vans near their crash pads. Best bet is to get a car if you get based at IAD. As for ORD I have no Idea.

Welcome aboard!

Don't know if you are going to the Delta side of the house or not but I'm pretty sure you need a car in Cincy: New York and Boston you will be ok without one. Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back