ACA charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Don

I saw a large high wing jet out at the airport in TLH yesterday that had ACA executive charter (or something like that) painted on the tail. Does ACA have some sort of charter department?

I don't know what kind of jet it was. Twin engine and a high wing.

ACA does have a private shuttle service, that's what is painted on the tail. Blue and white mainly on the a/c color, and by the way it's a DoJet.

It's used quite a bit.

ACA uses mainly their more senior pilots for the flights, I know some of the Chiefs and other senior guys typically choose to fly the flights when they can. Not sure of pay, minimums but if you're hired into ACA and stick around for awhile, I'm sure you would be eligible. Not sure of the passengers, haven't heard of sports teams yet but you never know.

ACA Private Shuttle

ACA's private shuttle primarily utilizes three 328 Jets. There is a CRJ and a J41 available for charter service as well.

Most of the charter flying has been for the NCAA and a corporate shuttle service in the Northeast and Mid-West

All the charter pilots are IAD based and are part of ACA's senority list. Therefore, any ACA pilot can bid for charter flying given there is a slot. 328 CA slots at IAD are very senior.

A good bit of the flying is for AOL as a corporate shuttle between IAD and TEB as well as IAD and CMH. The Aircraft are also used to supplement line flying when too many planes are broken.

I Jumpseated on one of the charter planes into EWR the other day. Ground did not know if we were flying as DCI, UAX or Charter and had to ask us where we were going. And a UAL 757 pilot who had no clue called us a SCAB. Ground later told him to give way to the COMPANY DoJet. I found this funny because he was not referring to us but to a different DCI painted DoJet coming out of another terminal.

We have 2 CRJ doing charter know and some are done with Chicago crews, as a matter a fact I have done 2 in the past week and a half.

Latest resources

Back