ACA announces another 101 furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Logolight

I hope ACA does go out on their own and is very successful. That would set a good precedent for the rest of us who are completely dependant on our mainline carrier.

Bah!

For those who care - the 101 furloughs (which includes myself) are supposed to be completed by August. However the company has yet to supply us with an actual date of the furloughs - so we are left in the dark yet again. The company might as well be retiring the J41s overnight - down to 22 in May and 17 in June from 30 this month. No idea how long we are looking at for a recall but I am not holding my breath on this.

I have been very disappointed about how the company is handling this. One month they tell us that the J41 will stay for a while to come and then this came straight outta left field and smacked us upside the head. It doesnt exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that my company is furloughing me to save their profit margin and not because they need to regain profitability. Seems to me that the costs associated with the bump and flush that will likely occur would outweigh any cost savings from furloughs - but what I do I know, I just drive.

Disappointed

Twotter76

Re: Bah!

Twotter76 said:
I have been very disappointed about how the company is handling this. One month they tell us that the J41 will stay for a while to come and then this came straight outta left field and smacked us upside the head. It doesnt exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that my company is furloughing me to save their profit margin and not because they need to regain profitability.

Forgive my cynicism, but ACA is pretty much behaving to industry standards on this. The small jet operators are at the whim of their code share partners so the "Plan" changes daily depending on the wind direction. Being loyal to your employer is nice thing but it's naiive to expect the same thing in return. Business is business.

G'luck

Latest resources

Back