Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

logolight

Air Wisconsin
The news came on Monday bringing the total furloughs to 197. No date announced to when the 101 will take place as of yet.

Also, ACA is retiring two J41's and taking delivery of another eleven CRJ's. No date announced yet for the deliveries either. This is likely an indication that ACA is stepping up the process of retiring the J41 fleet, although they have not formaly announced that yet either.

"Jet pipe, overheat."

ACA's plan is to go out on thier own if UAL liquidates. ACA says part of the plan is to park the J41's to become an all jet fleet if this happens. The problem is ACA has been making knee jerk decisions almost every other day lately, so it's hard to figure out what they're trying to do. It seems like ACA doesn't really have a business plan right now.

"TCAS systems test OK."

How far back does the 197 go in terms of DOH?

When the xfer of props for jets happens will they or do they plan on a recall?

Best to all, and hoping for a quick furlough!

The DOH for the 197 furloughs goes back to around June or July 2002. If ACA decides to park all the J41's at once, they claim 500 total furloughs will be the result. (And of course bump-and-flush) Otherwise, if the J41 is phased out, which seems to be the case right now, those crews will be merged into the CRJ and DoJet fleets pushing pilots out from the bottom. (Don't know what kind of numbers that would be yet.) But after that, call backs will be contingent on ACA's future growth.

"Bleed air, duct."

Another one bites the dust

Hey Now.

I can't get into acaway. Anychance of posting the complete TM letter.

Unless its in the letter..where did you hear about the retirement of the J41 and the add'l 11 CRJ's. I haven't been flying in awhile.

Also, if thats the case..it looks to me like Mgt will slowly but surely beging the phaseout of 41's meaning more furloughs to come.

Thanks!

41's

The 41's were scheduled for retirement and actually kept going when deliveries of jets slowed due to Bompardier strike and the need for more regional service when airlines cut back.

These situations are being alieved and so likely caused the layoff.

ACA could always fly those J41s outta IAH for CAL feed. I hear CAL wants 40 turboprops in the 30+seat range for IAH.

The information on the 41's and CRJ's came from Tag ALPA at the end of last week.

The new information being tossed around is that the 101 furloughs are a result of United cutting back flights for the month of May by 12% wich evidently include the express carrier's routes. I don't know if Air Wisconsin and Sky West are being affected though.

Here's something else to toss around in your head, I flew with a senior captain yesterday who told me it's just a matter of time before ACA announces delivery of the CRJ-700.

We'll see...

"Gear disagree."

LOL logolight...
I think more furloughs are likely before CRJ700s.

I am just slightly disappointed on being mislead into thinking no more furloughs unless we park the 41s. Who knows what is next????

To our furloughees: Hang in there, hopefully you guys will be back soon.

RJ
Next move: Purchase a van and live down by the river :)

Latest resources

Back