Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xspud

What a long, strange trip
It's been pretty quiet on this board for ABX/Astar. As far as I know, there's not much to talk about, but I've been wondering if everyone moved and I wasn't told? Wouldn't be the first time...

Heard we might be flying another week into LAX instead of RIV?

It's been pretty quiet on this board for ABX/Astar. As far as I know, there's not much to talk about, but I've been wondering if everyone moved and I wasn't told? Wouldn't be the first time...

Heard we might be flying another week into LAX instead of RIV?
That is the rumor. RIV is on the Feb bid/award.

What I hear

Although I am not on the property, I still talk to my bud's at Abx.....this is what I hear.....

The 8 will be done by May or June of '07. Surplus already started!!

More 9's to go over the year. First two from OKC and ABQ with a half a dozen or more to follow.

DHL is losing their rear end, and throwing away more business daily.

Astar being pressed for concessions......and Das threatening a lockout!

Abx trying to set up a deal with ANA.....

Abx is overstaffed and a large furlough is around the corner.....

Rumors on the ramp:

Although I am not on the property, I still talk to my bud's at Abx.....this is what I hear.....

The 8 will be done by May or June of '07. Surplus already started!!

More 9's to go over the year. First two from OKC and ABQ with a half a dozen or more to follow.

DHL is losing their rear end, and throwing away more business daily.

Astar being pressed for concessions......and Das threatening a lockout!

Abx trying to set up a deal with ANA.....

Abx is overstaffed and a large furlough is around the corner.....

Dasburg offered a 10% signing bonus and 3% year over year raises for the life of an agreement. MEC is not happy.

ANA is a done deal.

Per the February bid pack ABX may soon cease operating the -9 to ABQ and OKC. Don't know if they will become thru stops for another -9 flight or perhaps a 767. No word. ABX may also cease operating the -8 to ATL. Again, no word on any possible replacement.

I doubt the furlough rumor. The 767 is understaffed. Training continues for the bids already posted. All of the former Delta A/C are not yet on the property. Most likely the parked -9 crews will move to the 767. PFE's who cannot move to the right seat will certainly be furloughed with no hope of recall as the -8's go away.

Dasburg offered a 10% signing bonus and 3% year over year raises for the life of an agreement. MEC is not happy.

This is absolutely NOT true. Check your rumors before posting Eric, I had more faith in you than that. In fact Dasburg still wants concessions with nothing in return. This is why the MEC is not happen nor is the pilot group. Full pay til last day is what I say.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back