• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX vs Astar - On Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think everyone is throwing different times around and not defining what they are talking about. When you are speaking of the 15 min or 30 min windows, that is for when the station receives the downloaded freight, right? Because for ABX flights we have to account for every minute of an enroute delay starting at the 6th minute of your arrival block time. So if you guys block in 6 minutes later than schedule less the block out time, please call so we know what to code the delay to for DHL. Thanks! :D

Station delivery time depends on many factors, many of which are out of the crews control. So that would be a ground function to provide the delivery after you arrive. All you can control is time from block to block. For ABX that block to block time is only +6 minutes from schedule. (unless a delay is caused by crew prior to block of course.)

Last edited:
Please discontinue this thread, it is embarrassing. My IQ just went down a few points. How ridiculous. 30 minute windows, 15 minutes, we flew ,you flew, your late, I'm late. What a waste of time. Let's all kick back like HVY said and watch the show, it's going to get interesting, it already is. Shock and awe.

Please discontinue this thread, it is embarrassing.

I sure it is, given the reliability claims some of your folks have made.

My IQ just went down a few points. How ridiculous. 30 minute windows, 15 minutes, we flew ,you flew, your late, I'm late. What a waste of time.

I'll not take the opening on the IQ line :D I used the 15 minute window because that is the usual standard applied to PAX carriers. I have heard many rumors regarding what standard is applied to Astar, but have no concrete verifiable info. Clearly though, there is some criteria other than just the raw performance of being where you are supposed to be at the time the schedule says on the day it says.

It's not a waste of time if you are using it to pull the wool over the boss's (customer's) eyes to the detriment of your competition. I can certainly see why you would not wish it revealed, and why you would refer to it as a waste of time.

Let's all kick back like HVY said and watch the show, it's going to get interesting, it already is. Shock and awe.

Oh, I'm fairly laid back. I've been watching the show for some time. I know there is little or nothing I personally can do to affect the outcome, and I continue to believe there is more going on behind the curtain than we peons can see.

[
It's not a waste of time if you are using it to pull the wool over the boss's (customer's) eyes to the detriment of your competition. I can certainly see why you would not wish it revealed, and why you would refer to it as a waste of time.

UH, DHL owns half of us, I'm quite certain they know what numbers are used.
I think it's if we just make it within the same business day we get an "on-time". Have a good one.

UH, DHL owns half of us, I'm quite certain they know what numbers are used.

Perhaps. My understanding was that the performance numbers were not broken out by carrier or station until quite recently. This would make it difficult for DHL to understand why they were losing customers.

I think it's if we just make it within the same business day we get an "on-time". Have a good one.

That would explain a lot. Express its not!

Latest resources

Back