• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX to recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just go off the phone with the next in line. And the answer is "NO.....Final Answer Reggis". So the bottoms up that I just went through was more BS?
I know that you've been furloughed 3 times now, but you've been here long enough to know when a chief pilot is lying. How were the races?

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the ship hasnt sailed for you guys and gals. I have always been interested in ABX and hope for the best for you. Good luck.

Just listened to the Q2 Conference Call. Joe said we will have 12 a/c in ACMI service by Q4. For '08, the AA bird is due to enter service in Jan., the Air China in early Q2, then Joe said to expect 3-4 more the rest of the year. Some interesting numbers regarding block hours. Joe said block hours for Q2 '06 were 1,350, for Q2 '07 greater than 3,500! If those are correct and he plans 12+ new a/c over the next 16 months, how can we not hire?

how can we not hire?

I would think the hiring announcement would come just about any day now. I know Hete absolutely hates the idea of showing anything positive like that without a contract being signed, but I think he is up against the wall.

There is a new proffer out this morning for 4 more DC-9 captains.

One of the FLorida guys told me we have two of our 767's sitting on the ramp in MIA not flying for lack of crews. Charter customers want them, but we just can't do it. But we were OVERstaffed two months ago!?!

Just listened to the Q2 Conference Call. Joe said we will have 12 a/c in ACMI service by Q4. For '08, the AA bird is due to enter service in Jan., the Air China in early Q2, then Joe said to expect 3-4 more the rest of the year. Some interesting numbers regarding block hours. Joe said block hours for Q2 '06 were 1,350, for Q2 '07 greater than 3,500! If those are correct and he plans 12+ new a/c over the next 16 months, how can we not hire?

Not a flame, just passin on info.

Our bids show PIT,GRR,AUS. None are additional routes, just more stops. Heard a rumor from your guys about TLH, HRL coming our way. ILN-YYC-YVR are going to a Canadian 72 via a memo that came out recently.

Seems that would free up a few guys for you.

Last edited:
Not a flame, just passin on info.

Our bids show PIT,GRR,AUS. None are additional routes, just more stops. Heard a rumor from your guys about TLH, HRL coming our way. ILN-YYC-YVR are going to a Canadian 72 via a memo that came out recently.

Seems that would free up a few guys for you.
What I've heard is that Astar is picking up YYC, GRR and PIT...we will lose pairings on the GRR and PIT, but our YYC was a through flight at FAR and will terminate there now, for no loss. TLH only carries about 1000 lbs per night and is going to be handled by a charter. We will stop in BHM, rather than continuing on to TLH, so again, no loss. We have picked up an AUS flight for a computer customer that specified C containers. That replaces our lost GRR. So we have lost only 1 set of pairings, the PIT run. That will free up 2 crews for our 767 expansion, not nearly enough.

What I've heard is that Astar is picking up YYC, GRR and PIT...we will lose pairings on the GRR and PIT, but our YYC was a through flight at FAR and will terminate there now, for no loss. TLH only carries about 1000 lbs per night and is going to be handled by a charter. We will stop in BHM, rather than continuing on to TLH, so again, no loss. We have picked up an AUS flight for a computer customer that specified C containers. That replaces our lost GRR. So we have lost only 1 set of pairings, the PIT run. That will free up 2 crews for our 767 expansion, not nearly enough.

YYC definitely not going to us, as definite as it can be.

Wow, 3 a/c in AUS, business is booming. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back