ABX to recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oldawg

There are more than the usual rumours going around that ABX has contacted it's furloughees and pool pilots about upcoming classes. Can anyone confirm this?

There are more than the usual rumours going around that ABX has contacted it's furloughees and pool pilots about upcoming classes. Can anyone confirm this?

In a ground school class on Wednesday of this week a chief pilot was asked whether the airline would be hiring anytime soon. True to form, the question was never answered. But he acknowledged that staffing was short in at least 4 seats. In the system chief pilot's blog, the "WIGO"-short for "what is this guy on?", he begged for the pilots to be patient:

>>
Crew Realignment—As you may have noticed by the number of proffers posted and mentioned, we are working to realign the crew force to get the right amount of people in the right seats. Given this is a seniority system, the alignment may take several months and may be a bit painful in a few seats. That said, please understand the reason for being short in a few seats is a result of the realignment and we are working as quickly as the training cycles/process will allow to bring relief. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process and remember your scheduler is doing their best to keep the seats filled, the customers happy while maintaining the best quality of life for all concerned—help out when you can.<<

Of course, there's no possible way for them to reconcile this situation against the furlough they tried to pull off just a few short weeks ago when we were so overstaffed that the airline was going to go backrupt unless we furloughed. The furlough, like the establishment of the Osaka domicile, was an empty threat designed to coerce the flight crews into concessions and a quick sign off on the CBA still in negotiation. Fortunately, the Union saw through the tired Ford & Harrison tactic.
So.......hiring? Dunno. But you can't get a straight answer from management.
If their lips are moving...........

Is it goiing to be like getting a job at FedEx or UPS with ABX? I am interested in the details. Thanks

Is it goiing to be like getting a job at FedEx or UPS with ABX? I am interested in the details. Thanks

Superpilot: If that superman picture is of you, you're hired! Congratulations! Don't wait for a class or an interview...just go straight to ILN and await further guidance.

FedEx, UPS, surely you jest. I assume you are refering to long term career prognosis.

Acually, If top mgmt. alters the course of this ship a few degrees, then We pilots all win the sweepstakes. If We maintain present course, many of us may need to find other work. My opinion, of course. Does this satisfy your curiousity?

Even if they recall, why would you want to become next months furlough fodder? Another furlough at Abx is a certanty!

Everyone is beginning to hire go somewhere else.

The ship at Abx sailed, many years ago.

"WIGO"-short for "what is this guy on?",
Very, very good - although we can all probably guess what he's on.

Anyone choosing to return here should be given a drug/sanity test unless they give a succinct and concise answer as to the reason for their career ambition being that of a piece of furlough fodder.

OK guys, before we get too far afield, my question is " has anyone who is a furloughed pilot or in the pool been contacted for a possible class?" Thanks

OK guys, before we get too far afield, my question is " has anyone who is a furloughed pilot or in the pool been contacted for a possible class?" Thanks

Just go off the phone with the next in line. And the answer is "NO.....Final Answer Reggis". So the bottoms up that I just went through was more BS?

Latest resources

Back