• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX-The Hits...they keep on comin'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not that I mind. I don't think that the contract was that cost effective. All those personnel over there supporting one acft... Has this been made public, I have seen nothing in black and white. What are your sources?

Personally I think that plane would be better utilized in MIA and LAX anyway.

I agree 1 aircraft, 10 crew members, a whole lot of expense!

We did not hose anything up. We had a few bumps here and there, but for the most part kept the acft on schedule.

Having a crew member show up 3 hours late in China for departure is hosing things up in anybody's playbook. Crossing into Chinese airspace without permission is hosing things up. Sticking it to ANA on start up costs is hosing things up. Need me to go on? ANA had enough and used the economy as an excuse to dump us.

ABX folks,

Bad news about ANA. I heard that you are now flying a 76 JFK to Germany (Cologne/Bonn?). If true, it's a bit of good news. Unlike Dasburg, at least Hete is looking to get as much outside business as possible. Any details on this new flying?

It is actually JFK-LGG (Liege, Belgium), five days/week and on Tues and Sat it stops in Halifax on the Eastbound leg.

The rumor is if we do well we might add more acft to this contract(of course I have heard that before with ANA). Supposedly TNT is fed up with Iceland Air. The JFK route was thiers. They have others that we could take over eventually.

It is actually JFK-LGG (Liege, Belgium), five days/week and on Tues and Sat it stops in Halifax on the Eastbound leg.

Yes, all those things happened, but the payloads the last few months have really been down, so I think a lot has to do with the economy. I would bet that acft heads to MIA and does not miss a beat. There is plenty of flying down there.. Just read an article that said LAN actually is doing very well in this economy.

Having a crew member show up 3 hours late in China for departure is hosing things up in anybody's playbook. Crossing into Chinese airspace without permission is hosing things up. Sticking it to ANA on start up costs is hosing things up. Need me to go on? ANA had enough and used the economy as an excuse to dump us.

Latest resources

Back