• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Severance pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At the Dec 19th Gen membership meeting, the leaders said they were in favor of a plan that would involve using a large portion of the $75,000,000 to fund the pension. In subsequent "hotline" messages, they seem to be against using the severance money for pensions.

Was there a change in their position? Who could know. They are not saying what their position is. My point is that you will sound like an idiot if you contact legislators or anyone else without knowing what the local wants.

If you were at the meeting or watched the archive, you are fully informed of the Union's proposal. Unfortunately, we are not able to simply dictate the terms and JH & Co. have presented a moving target; most recently INCREASING their pension funding demand to 80% of the available funds.

There, you are fully informed, but there are no state secrets above, that is all information that has been made available.

Now, what have YOU done to alter the Company's stance?

most recently INCREASING their pension funding demand to 80% of the available funds.

There, you are fully informed, but there are no state secrets above, that is all information that has been made available.
This is the first time I have seen this information. Could you share with me how and when this information was made available? I have never seen this before and I have been looking for this sort of information.

I would also like to know what local 1224 is proposing? Is that another piece of information that you know but I do not?

Now, what have YOU done to alter the Company's stance?
My point exactly, right? How can I try to alter their stance when I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHAT THEIR STANCE IS?

I think you will find, as I have, that our volunteer union leaders are more than willing to explain the situation.
That has not been my experience. I have found our "leaders" to be extremely unresponsive to requests for information and I have records of the many unanswered e-mails and telephone messages. It sounds like maybe they provide information on a selective basis.

That has not been my experience. I have found our "leaders" to be extremely unresponsive to requests for information and I have records of the many unanswered e-mails and telephone messages. It sounds like maybe they provide information on a selective basis.

I'm going to call the BS factor on THIS one! I know for a fact that the union leaders take MANY (and all) calls on a daily basis, answering questions. If they can't take the call at that very moment, then they will return the call as soon as possible. I know for a fact these union volunteers give up countless hours at home, sacrificing time with their families, even answering calls at all hours of the night, because they know that we're in crisis mode. They understand that everyone is in shock and may have many questions.

The same can be said for emails that pilots have sent to the leadership.

I'm beginning to think that either you are NOT an ABX Air pilot, but rather someone just phishing for information - OR you're one of the local minority who griped about and did not support the current e-board slate and you're just making a general a$$ of yourself.

If I'm wrong, then I WILL apologize for THAT mistake. I will also send you (via private message) a name and number. Call and you WILL have all of your questions answered. All I ask is that you send me (also via PM) your last name and employee number so I can verify your employment. Fair enough?

I too do not believe laserman to be an ABX pilot. First he speaks of the Dec. GMM and the weekly hotlines, then he says he is totally unaware of information from those sources.

Laserman, if I am wrong, I will also offer for you to PM me your name and number. Upon verification, I can call you or provide a contact number for you to reach me.

Laser,
All of the above info is archived on the union website. Sit down and take some time to go through it.

I am (or was) very junior at ABX and almost every one of my calls was answered by someone.

I hope that as long as this union has any say, not one dime of that money goes to Joe and his cronies.

fob, I thought they called you in off the playground...get over it already!

I too do not believe laserman to be an ABX pilot. First he speaks of the Dec. GMM and the weekly hotlines, then he says he is totally unaware of information from those sources.

Laserman, if I am wrong, I will also offer for you to PM me your name and number. Upon verification, I can call you or provide a contact number for you to reach me.
No. That is not correct. I AM totally aware of the information from those sources. They did not contain any significant information.

In a previous post, you said that the company is now trying for 80% to the pension. That is significant. Can you tell me which "hotline" message that one was in? That's just one example.

I have left many phone messages that were not answered. Are you calling me a liar? I have records of many e-mail messages with requests for information that were not answered. I sent JM an e-mail in which I stated concern about lack of response. His response? NONE! They have responsibility that they do not live up to.

No. That is not correct. I AM totally aware of the information from those sources. They did not contain any significant information.

In a previous post, you said that the company is now trying for 80% to the pension. That is significant. Can you tell me which "hotline" message that one was in? That's just one example.

I have left many phone messages that were not answered. Are you calling me a liar? I have records of many e-mail messages with requests for information that were not answered. I sent JM an e-mail in which I stated concern about lack of response. His response? NONE! They have responsibility that they do not live up to.

So did you PM with your name and number?

Latest resources

Back