ABX or NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

p3flteng

Offered a job at one and very likely will be offered a job off a recent interview from the other?

Opinions?

Go to NW so I can have a better shot at ABX. Seriously, Where do you live? I live 40 min from Wilmington and my reserve unit is 40 min from Wilmington, so it's a no brainer for me. I have buds in my AF Reserve unit who work there and they absolutely love it, but I have herad of guys who were senior there leaving because they couldn't handle the backside flying.

Have you ever flown on the backside? I have it can take a toll on your body, but the key is not to fight it and exercise.

Both companies have had merger talks, but where is the growth. Me thinks it's in the Asian cargo markets, and that is where ABX is focusing on.

Are you looking to live in Osaka for 2 years?

If ABX grows any than there could be a lot of movement at NW you are at the bottom of LONG seniority list.

Don't even factor in the pay scales or retirement because we all know that can change. I would look mainly on QOL for you and your family. You can make $300,000, but having two ex wifes will put you into poverty, but that might be a good thing if Hilary gets elected because she'll take my money and distribute to everyone and then tell them how to spend it.

Ok I'm getting away from the computer now.

Well,
Yes I have and currently fly on the backside of the clock with a heavy charter company. Kinda like the fat chick, do-able and even fun the first few times but then it gets old rather quick.

I will not take a job in Osaka, (and They are aware of that as discussed in the interview) like you said...just can't afford to be married 4 or 5 times in a career!

It seems from my research that ABX is more like to merge than NWA, especially since there was actually a buyout tendered by Astar.

Man, but the pay is sweet at ABX.

Hi!

Hilary will win.

She will NOT take your money and distribute it to everyone (why would you take money from everyone and give it to everyone???).

She will take money from you and give it to her rich friends, just like GW Bush has been doing.

We are heading towards a fascist government just like WWII Italy, where the government has one customer: the filthy rich. Everything is gearing towards giving the rich everything they want: Control over us and our money.

cliff
YIP

Get back to me....

Hi!

Hilary will win.

She will NOT take your money and distribute it to everyone (why would you take money from everyone and give it to everyone???).

She will take money from you and give it to her rich friends, just like GW Bush has been doing.

We are heading towards a fascist government just like WWII Italy, where the government has one customer: the filthy rich. Everything is gearing towards giving the rich everything they want: Control over us and our money.

cliff
YIP

Just get back to me after Hiltery has some time to really screw things up. She will "save social security, get socialized healthcare, and so on and so forth." It will all be "for the children." Just get back to me after she takes all YOUR money!

The key to idiots like Hitlery is that she wants to take all the money from people who produce things society wants and give it all to people who do nothing for society. Just drop me an e-mail in a couple of years when your effective tax rate is 83%.

-And we think George is bad-just wait.

Hey p3, How old are you? If I had 20 years or more I would think about NWA. Benefits for the family to travel are great. Plus the money gets much better after you make captain. And the most important reason to go with NWA . . . . . . . . . I applied to ABX and you sound like competition! Just kidding good luck. It a great awful position to be in.

Hi!

Soc Sec and Medicaire/Medicade NEED to either be "saved" or eliminated. They can't continue as they are currently set up.

Obama is the only candidate I know who is dealing with this reality (Ron Paul, maybe?). I haven't heard Hilary say anything about it.

"Socialized" medicine. You mean like a single-payer system where we pay 4% of our money to run they system (like Canada does), instead of the 17% we currently pay? If socialized medicine can cut the 13% of administrative fat out of the system I'm all for it.

Will Hilary do the above? I doubt it. NONE of the mainstream politicians, of either party, have done anything about "Saving" SocSec/Medicaire/Medicade or dismantling the bloated tax code we have.

I don't see either party doing anything. They'll just wait around until the sky falls, and they hope they can duck the larger pieces when the American economy comes crashing down.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

Obama is the only candidate I know who is dealing with this reality (Ron Paul, maybe?). I haven't heard Hilary say anything about it.

"Socialized" medicine. You mean like a single-payer system where we pay 4% of our money to run they system (like Canada does), instead of the 17% we currently pay? If socialized medicine can cut the 13% of administrative fat out of the system I'm all for it.

YIP

Can you name anything the government does efficiently (besides taking our money)

Obama says he is going to add millions more to the socalized health care system and prices will go.... DOWN???

Get ready to start pulling your own teeth.

Can you name anything the government does efficiently (besides taking our money)

Obama says he is going to add millions more to the socalized health care system and prices will go.... DOWN???

Get ready to start pulling your own teeth.

And wait 6 to 9 months to see a doctor and then get denied treatment because you're too old... like in Cananda... NO THANKS!

Latest resources

Back