• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Last DC9 Flights Tonight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has nothing to do with it. Your just an idiot with a keyboard.

one thing about flying old airplanes, makes you look at beer cans in a different way. One day your drinking a bud, look down at the can and you will see a scratch, and you might even see a little yellow paint.

Lighten up.

The last flight of the 9 for abx means a lot of people start losing their jobs. Mechanics, secretaries, and even janitors. All self centered pilots that only think about themselves will eventually get jobs. Whether its corporate, or overseas. Pilots are generally resourceful. But there is a lot of unskilled laber that is just hosed. Think about those people.

Thats what is sad.

Who cares about the old airplanes.

There is a lot to be said about an old aircraft. That's why I fly planes that my grandfather flew. It's sad about the 9s My dad spent many years flying sideways for you guys until those went. I always wanted to fly for ABX someday, hopefully I will still get the chance.
Good Luck to all.

Yeah, after all these years my dream machine is still a DC...3.

Douglas made some solid aircraft, the 9 is an amazing machine. I sure would love to have a -10 series to rocket around in.

I also enjoyed my time on the 8, that was like working in a museum.

Last edited:
Well, amazing is a poor choice of words. Probably "solid" is better. Kind of like my Toyota pickup, it's a simple, rugged airplane with decent performance and good handling. The -10 series was a hoot, with it's light weight you could zip up to altitude and then fall out of the sky at a 2:1 ratio. I liked it's handling best, too.

They're not fast and, of course, they're very inefficient compared to a Bus or the latest 737. But I think they were a very good value, they made money for a lot of airlines, including Airborne Express.

Maybe I'm just a sucker, I've eventually fallen in love with every airplane that I spent more than 2000 hours in.

The 9 was a very forgiving airplane, unlike the 8, if you got fast or high, not a problem. X wind never a problem, it had it's bad points as does any airplane, but it was better than most...plus when they actually pay you a decent wage to fly it, well that actually makes it a great airplane.

Latest resources

Back