ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything new on this front?

Are there many folks that live in ILN and fly the reserve lines or do those lines go to junior people who commute?

How people are still really furloughed? Have they brought back any of the 18 that are list on the airline profile on "the other forum site" as furloughed?

How are negotiations goings?

Last edited:
1. From the Chief Pilot: We are hiring—So if you know anyone interested in a career with ABX, especially the ANA Osaka Base opportunity, please forward their resume with your endorsement. Thanks in advance. The total number we intend to hire depends on how many current seniority list members bid the Osaka Domicile.

2. Typically Reserve is spread all over the list junior to senior.

3. Recall Notices were sent to all remaining Furloughees yesterday; choice between 767FO KIX or DC9FO ILN.

4. What negotiations?

Same trips as now, HKG, NRT, BKK, DAL, TAO, PEK. I'm sure more will be added when they get a 3rd airframe in March.

Any word on what the Osaka trips are gonna look like.

If the domicile happens, the lines would be built to current CBA: 15 off/mo, basically week on/week off. Reserve lines can have a block of 17 R days w/14 off. Company would like to have flexibility to supplement staffing with ILN crews which raises the concern/need for comprehensive domicile language in the CBA. That's the heart of the dispute now: must that language be negotiated prior to domicile opening. Seems logical that it would but up to the courts now.

Trips would be same as now, I assume. Again, built to current CBA and our scheduling rules (duty time, block time) make decent trips. I haven't looked in a while but I'm sure China is all out and back. Last I saw the only layovers were BKK and NRT. BKK had a 4-day weekend layover. Mostly early AM departures and late arrivals out of KIX & NRT, I think?

I was called for an interview today, any word on how soon this will happen and what kind of pay and housing allowance you would get

They say that the domicile will open on December 1st but there certainly is not enough time to get new hires hired and trained by then. The union believes that the opening of the domicile without first agreeing to the terms of the domicile is a violation of our contract and status quo. The union has filed in Federal court to stop the opening of the domicile until such a time that terms are negotiated. The union is not against the idea of a KIX domicile, just them opening it without have the terms negotiated (as required by our current contract) first.

The company has said that they will pay 2nd year pay to new-hires sent to KIX. 2nd year 767 FO base pay is $83,460 ($107/hr). They say that they'll pay a $3000/mo housing allowance. None of this is negotiated so they could change it at any time.

So, what did they tell you about the interview and hiring process? What about transportation to/from ILN for the interview?

I got called for an interview as well... they didn't say much about the interview except to set up a date(late Oct). They did say that they were hiring for the Japan Domicile for a two year lock. They also asked what airport I wanted to fly out of as they would jumpseat me on ABX, But only if I was CASS, which I am. Other than that they would be in touch by e-mail soon with more details.

Frankly, the Japan lockin scares me, I would love to work for ABX, but not at the cost of a divorce and losing my family. If they could work something out to allow a commute and bid out to the rest of the system when senority allows, well... we will see.

Does anyone have some more info on this?

Latest resources

Back