• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX-DHL Cutting Feeders 50%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the former ACC people here - any idea how it will affect the company? It seems you guys have a pretty good pulse for whats going on right now with them.

thanks
~wheelsup

ABX booger,

I'm kinda suprised COU is such a heavy spot. Do you guys truck freight there from St. Louis and Kansas City?

I guess I have my ideas all turned around when it comes to the way DHL moves their boxes.

T-Gates said:
You don't realize whats going on with the consolidation right now.

Most of the CVG feeders are mirrored by an ABX Air DC-9. In a case of a run I used to fly, we were mirrored by 3 DC-9's. We just flew 7000 pounds of mostly international freight to CVG so it could ride on the international flights that AStar, NWA, and LH operated.

The feeders in CVG right now are Ameriflight with Metros and Brasilias, Air Tahoma with 3 CV-580's, Nolinor with 1 CV-580, ACC had one Shorts 330, that run has already ended. SkyWay has 1 Shorts 360, Martinaire has a couple Caravans, and Superior has a couple Metros.

When ABX started hauling the international cargo too, there were 2-3 feeders a night flying the freight inbetween ILN and CVG.

Now with the consolidation they can eliminate the need for feeders (to the hub) almost completely.

Feeders will most definately exist outside the hub...mostly out of airports that ABX or AStar can't get a 727 or a DC-9 into.

The only ILN feeder that will remain as far as I know will the the ACC Shorts 360 that flys MWA-ILN-MWA.

SkyWay? SkyWay? Really? How is it that ops. like this get contracts? Friggin amazing.

Latest resources

Back