• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX, DHL and Astar family tree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol, i guess their wus know test four learnin thangs at Kappy ,wus their? Another reason Cappy does not have all 75's is the simple requirement to be able to read and write the English language.
C'mon man. Being the spelling/grammar Nazi doesn't accomplish anything. Besides, if language skills wwere required, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it this far either.

I didnt say they didnt work in the dhl market. Im sure they were perfect. Im talking about the charter market where your hauling around car parts. Much different.

Believe me if they or the 75 was cheaper you would see them in the bax market right now. They are still to expensive. Management is talking about a refleet within the next 5 years because the aging aircraft program is making operation of the 72 very expensive, but even with that they are still having a difficult time finding 75s at an acceptable price, and those are for DHL in miami where they are paying a pretty good penny for the airplane but they are flying it day and night.

Bax freight doesnt have the same value, and they dont utilize the aircraft enough to justify that payment.

You keep talking about the 757, we do not fly the 757, never have. ABX has 767s 40 of them never had, bought or owned the 757. Joe once said the purchase price was to high for 757s so he did not see them in ABXs future. The 767 on the other hand was quit a bit more affordable to aquire and to operate. So ABX bought a bunch. Again this discussion is about 767s vs DC8/727s. It took DHL awhile to figure it out but eventually they started parking our DC8s ( even the ones with doors) because the 767 was a whole lot cheaper to operate. ABX owns and flys 767s.

You keep talking about the 757, we do not fly the 757, never have. ABX has 767s 40 of them never had, bought or owned the 757. Joe once said the purchase price was to high for 757s so he did not see them in ABXs future. The 767 on the other hand was quit a bit more affordable to aquire and to operate. So ABX bought a bunch. Again this discussion is about 767s vs DC8/727s. It took DHL awhile to figure it out but eventually they started parking our DC8s ( even the ones with doors) because the 767 was a whole lot cheaper to operate. ABX owns and flys 767s.

Im sorry if I confused you. I was referring to 767s in a charter world like miami is. Thats where you are competing against 8s and 10s. When I was talking about bax and 75s and 76s I was trying to make the connection between high value freight yields and low value freight yields.

I thought the whole thing started because because I stated that I dont thing th 76 is a viable charter competitor in the MIA market. Because of competiton and the low value freight being hauled.

sorry for the confusion and for my grammer. I wasnt a very good student, so the grammer and spelling police never really bothered me.

Latest resources

Back