• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX buys Pace

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Noticed the 72s are picking up HRL, and DAL layovers, and adding OKC,and LBB as through stops in Oct. Thats an increase of 2 layovers for the 72. ATL now terminates in GSO, and PHL now terminates in ROC. I would guess ABX is doing ATL and PHL. Don't know what our 8's or airbuses are adding or subtracting. Don't forget who we all work for, this is just where the darts landed today.

Last edited:
hvydriver said:
No, the abort was cut and dried. There was, shall we say, a somewhat less than stellar response from folks on the ground, and leave it at that, ok?

I believe the initial query was simply waht may have happened with regard to the aircraft; I also heard there were injuries to the crew during egress, I hope they are well and will recover quickly.

Looks like Oct 3, and I think we would rather have neither. I think it would be alright to cut TX in half and give that back to the mexican americans.

Jurassic Jet said:
When are you guys starting HRL? It shows on our Sept bid packs all month.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have LRD than HRL??? :D

HRL and LRD

goastar said:
Looks like Oct 3, and I think we would rather have neither. I think it would be alright to cut TX in half and give that back to the mexican americans.

I do not know how your HRL and LRD lines will be built in October but they were fairly popular for the DC-9 guys at ABX. Both flights had 36 hour layovers and even though the destinations may not be the greatest the long layovers made them easy on the body. The two trips with 36 hour layovers were also responsible for creating approximately 8 lines. That is quite a bit of flying. We will miss them dearly but we have learned the hard way not get too attached to any trip because of DHL's ever-changing flight operations plan.

Astar does not do 36 hr. layovers because we have a domestic certificate in addition to flag and supplemental certificates. When ABX buys Pace, ABX will get a domestic certificate and your 36 hr. layovers will be gone.

36's

erwaz said:
Astar does not do 36 hr. layovers because we have a domestic certificate in addition to flag and supplemental certificates. When ABX buys Pace, ABX will get a domestic certificate and your 36 hr. layovers will be gone.

Don't count on it Tazz! There is more to it than that....

2nd Quarter Statement was released after market close today. NO mention of Pace. Conference call is 10am tomorrow, maybe then? If not, I guess the rumor may be just that?

Just got through listening to the conference call. According to JH there was NO acquisition, but they are aware of the rumour. I suppose that's all it was.

Latest resources

Back