ABX buying Astar!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got issues???

YEA, so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the way, my did can kick the living crap out of your dad.

Can you say, prozac!!

FreightNazi said:
Whoever this guy 410dude/Rhoid is, he makes a valid point that the contractors will only be flying for UPS until the end of December. After that UPS/IPA crews will take over the flying. UPS is making plans for the changeover as the latest vacancy bid out has positions for the DC-8 specifically to fly the aquired Menlo volume. In talking to gateway personnel and others around the system I am seeing plans for many gateways to either upsize their aircraft or get additional aircraft to service the former Menlo volume. I don't like seeing others out looking for work, but the fact is that UPS/IPA crews will be flying our newly aquired heavy freight starting this December.

My opinion is that IF and it's a big IF, UPS has extended some contractors contracts it's only to keep them from leaving and looking for other work. Don't be arrogant and think that you are going to be flying our volume permanently. You will not and UPS will cut you loose in a hearbeat when they are required to, contract or not!

Could somebody please give 410/Rhoid/Pension/UPSer a GameBoy, or something, so that he'll have something else to do with his free time?

What could possibly be your motivation

FreightNazi said:
Whoever this guy 410dude/Rhoid is, he makes a valid point that the contractors will only be flying for UPS until the end of December. After that UPS/IPA crews will take over the flying. UPS is making plans for the changeover as the latest vacancy bid out has positions for the DC-8 specifically to fly the aquired Menlo volume. In talking to gateway personnel and others around the system I am seeing plans for many gateways to either upsize their aircraft or get additional aircraft to service the former Menlo volume. I don't like seeing others out looking for work, but the fact is that UPS/IPA crews will be flying our newly aquired heavy freight starting this December.

My opinion is that IF and it's a big IF, UPS has extended some contractors contracts it's only to keep them from leaving and looking for other work. Don't be arrogant and think that you are going to be flying our volume permanently. You will not and UPS will cut you loose in a hearbeat when they are required to, contract or not!

So if this is true why would you post this here. The only thing that could happen is that you would increase paranoia and the folks that are presently flying the lift would bail before the big brown monster is ready to take over, thus losing customers in the process and directly causing a decrease in the business potential. Why would you do this just before the Christmas rush, when lift is at a premium. You own paranoia and a childish reaction could actually harm yourself and those around you. Not very smart

Doesn't the UPS contract allow them to use contractors as long as they publish the trips in the UPS bid packet and the crews with those trips get displaced? Perhaps they plan on doing some of that during the transition period?

Latest resources

Back