ABX buying Astar!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

410dude

That's the latest rumor going around the admin building at ILN. Any ABX or Astar guys heard anything?

I wonder, has anyone seen 410dude, Ihaveapension, and roid, in the same room. Honestly, who ever you are, why not use some of your genius for something useful?

Hey everybody. I just figured out who Rhoid, 410dude, and Ihaveapension are......

drum roll please........Mr. Joe Hete himself!. Thank you, thank you very much!

Seriously, you gotta be kidding me. But, I must say I'd sure love for Hete to come out with another one of his stellar press releases to that affect. Please Joe, please make that announcement today about how you're planning to shut down AStar and and tell DHL how it's gonna be. When I get to ILN, I'm gonna track that guy down and buy him a beer,....did I say a beer?, heck I'll pay his entire tab. Long live Joe Hete!

I guess anything's possible, but I don't think so.

Usually 410dude or Rhoid, (same) are always bashing CAT and claiming that thirty day notices were sent out ot outstations regarding UPS taking over, guess he found something new to make up since we are still in DAY and our contract with UPS got extended, oh well Rhoid/410dude keep trying.

boomlrd said:
Usually 410dude or Rhoid, (same) are always bashing CAT and claiming that thirty day notices were sent out ot outstations regarding UPS taking over, guess he found something new to make up since we are still in DAY and our contract with UPS got extended, oh well Rhoid/410dude keep trying.

Whoever this guy 410dude/Rhoid is, he makes a valid point that the contractors will only be flying for UPS until the end of December. After that UPS/IPA crews will take over the flying. UPS is making plans for the changeover as the latest vacancy bid out has positions for the DC-8 specifically to fly the aquired Menlo volume. In talking to gateway personnel and others around the system I am seeing plans for many gateways to either upsize their aircraft or get additional aircraft to service the former Menlo volume. I don't like seeing others out looking for work, but the fact is that UPS/IPA crews will be flying our newly aquired heavy freight starting this December.

My opinion is that IF and it's a big IF, UPS has extended some contractors contracts it's only to keep them from leaving and looking for other work. Don't be arrogant and think that you are going to be flying our volume permanently. You will not and UPS will cut you loose in a hearbeat when they are required to, contract or not!

Latest resources

Back