• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
In case anyone is looking

DISPATCHER (FLIGHT CONTROL)
ABX Air is an FAR Part 121 air cargo services provider headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio (ILN). ABX Air also offers charter services, airport and facility services, shipping solutions, and specialty training. ABX Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATSG).

The Dispatcher is responsible for domestic and international flight release preparation; weather observations; prepare weather briefings; determine and order fuel; calculate payload; in-flight monitoring and debrief each flight; ensure all flights assigned are prepared; advise of any operational problems pertaining to assigned flights; communicate and coordinate deviations to plan with System Control, Maintenance Control and crews; coordinate operations with Airport Management, customers, and handlers; able work variable schedule to include 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift, with variable days off during the week.

The Dispatcher must have HSD/GED; Dispatcher’s License; Aviation Weather Observer’s License or ability to obtain within 1 year; 1 year experience in flight operations with 121 carrier to include 1 year as a Dispatcher with 121 carrier; advanced level of understanding and knowledge of the following: interpreting aviation weather reports and their impact on flight operations, aircraft performance, limitations and systems and their applicability, Federal Aviation Regulations Parts 121 and 91 airport operations, emergency procedures concerning mechanical failures, hijackings, bomb threats, aircraft accidents, incidents, etc., air traffic control system and procedures. Prefer college level courses on specialized training in the aviation field; private pilot’s license.

ABX Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant dedicated to a drug-free workplace. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use our online application system as a result of a disability, please contact us at 937-366-2373 to arrange for accommodation.

Find out more about ABX Air and view other openings at ABXAir.com.

PLEASE CLICK APPLY ABOVE TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION/RESUME PROCESS!

Salary (Min-Mid) $39,900 - $60,900

Any QQ's, I can try to answer any you may have. If you are a Disp that put in for the scheduler position you may want to call HR and see if your resume may be considered for this Disp position.

Good Luck to all that apply. If things go well, there may be more openings in the near future.

I have no idea, sorry.

What can you tell us about the company and workplace? 10 hour shifts? How many flights will one dispatch? How many (any?) international? Are things stable there?

4 on 3 off --- 10 hr shifts... 15-20 flights dispatched a shift... Dont be fooled though. Most of them are very involved international flights. And you do a lot more than dispatch. Lots of interaction with customers and dealing with stuff like catering issues, overfly and landing permits....

Know your ETOPS and Intl stuff, if you come for interview... Use Sabre/Borneman flight planning system.

Stable as it can be in the airline industry......... Cost of living is pretty low here too.

What can you tell us about the company and workplace? 10 hour shifts? How many flights will one dispatch? How many (any?) international? Are things stable there?

Does ABX ever consider hiring entry level licensed dispatchers? I got me license about 10 years ago and have only been an instructor for a dispatcher ground school. Unfortunately there has been no real world experience in the field.

Does ABX ever consider hiring entry level licensed dispatchers? I got me license about 10 years ago and have only been an instructor for a dispatcher ground school. Unfortunately there has been no real world experience in the field.

Things are changing pretty fast as the "new" ABX is finding itself because they have hired internally without actual experience before. But that was before DHL buying Airborne Express and we had a fleet over 100, the people had a long company history and brought in as assistants first. Apply and see if it goes anywhere.

Latest resources

Back