Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DHL Pays ABX $8.8M to Settle Dispute
Friday November 16, 9:11 am ET

DHL Pays ABX Air $8.8M to Settle Expenses Dispute; ABX Says DHL Still in Contract Default WILMINGTON, Ohio (AP) -- DHL International GmbH has paid air cargo company ABX Air $8.8 million for budgeted expense reimbursements, and the companies will arbitrate a dispute over certain overhead expenses, ABX said Friday.DHL had withheld the $8.8 million payment on Nov. 5, ABX said, because it contended that it was no longer responsible to reimburse ABX for certain expenses. ABX says that DHL is in default under its service agreements. DHL maintains that it has not defaulted and that its actions were proper, according to ABX.
DHL representatives did not immediately return requests for comment.
Since Nov. 5, DHL has continued to reimburse ABX for its budgeted expenses. DHL said it will continue through the current terms of its agreements and expressed a "willingness to discuss a broad range of topics that could further benefit that relationship," ABX Chief Executive Joe Hete said in a statement.

I sure would like to know what this means...

"DHL said it will continue through the current terms of its agreements and expressed a "willingness to discuss a broad range of topics that could further benefit that relationship," ABX Chief Executive Joe Hete said in a statement."

"DHL said it will continue through the current terms of its agreements and expressed a "willingness to discuss a broad range of topics that could further benefit that relationship," ABX Chief Executive Joe Hete said in a statement."

Translate : "You should reconsider the Astar offer"

I'm thinkin' extension...looks like the bloom is off the Astar rose...

Hmmm, wonder if that is about that January question mark everyone is wondering about, but they seem to know how will go down?

Latest resources

Back