• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abu Dhabi slaying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how many get murdered every day in the USA?

From my friends with families in the Emirates ... None. This is being viewed as both a very unusual event within the UAE but something that happens back home regularly. Check the Atlanta area statistics. Here's a hint: Atlanta ranked as the sixth most dangerous city in the United States.

Bob

I am often amazed at comments from many Americans who have never lived overseas regarding the 'danger'. Of the modern and developed first world countries out there, and I would include the UAE in that, the United States is easily the most dangerous and violent country to live in. I get more scared about violence when I am back visiting in the United States than I ever do in the places I go outside of the United States.

I am often amazed at comments from many Americans who have never lived overseas regarding the 'danger'. Of the modern and developed first world countries out there, and I would include the UAE in that, the United States is easily the most dangerous and violent country to live in. I get more scared about violence when I am back visiting in the United States than I ever do in the places I go outside of the United States.

3.5 million of a country with 350 million of a country
What a moron comparison

From my friends with families in the Emirates ... None. This is being viewed as both a very unusual event within the UAE but something that happens back home regularly. Check the Atlanta area statistics. Here's a hint: Atlanta ranked as the sixth most dangerous city in the United States.

Bob

Check their divorce percentage

What a moron comparison

Not if you look at it on a per capita basis. The crime rate (per capita) is incredibly low in the UAE, and Violent crime is extremely unusual. Any argument to the contrary is uninformed and asinine.

One of the reasons my wife prefers living in the UAE over the U.S. is the fact that she feels safer in Dubai due to the low crime rate. Plus we would rather not live in the same country as Sniper.

What a moron comparison

I was not referring to total crimes between the UAE and the U.S. I was referring to your chances of being a victim of a crime between the U.S. and other first world, developed, modern countries of which I would include the UAE in that. Based on violent crime rates (per capita - which neutralizes the differences in populations) you will find that the United States is very violent compared to other first world countries.

Next time I will try and dumb it down so the morons can grasp the concept :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back